Thursday, February 19, 2015

Here to stay.


We made blankets for stillborns and donated them to our local hospital
in honor of Michael for his birthday this year.
It has almost been two whole years since I last posted. It's true what they say, "There is a time and a season for everything". I'd hate to say that my time and season for blogging has passed, but it definitely is not something I think about and make time for anymore. Maybe one day the desire and the time will return, but as for now I am left with the decision of whether I should keep paying for this domain or not. There have been several times when I think it's a waste of money and it's a lost art that once was a big part of my life.

This blog helped me through the grief and loss of my stillborn son. Recording his story was such a great outlet for me. There were so many nights when I couldn't sleep because of thoughts racing around in my head. I would sit down at my computer and pour my heart out. Typing my feelings helped me fall asleep, and eventually helped me heal. When my husband and I first learned about Michael's condition, we both felt strongly that we should share our story. My blog became a great way to do just that.

Each time I think about deleting this blog I end up receiving an email from one of you. These emails usually contain heart breaking stories of your own losses and trials (or those of your loved ones) with either stillbirth or Ebstein's Anomaly. After reading these emails I am always convinced that I can't delete this blog. Knowing that Michael's story is of some help to someone experiencing something similar is worth keeping this blog around!

So, for now, this blog is here to stay.

4 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your blog through out the years. However I know how you feel about deleting. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, you sharing you story definitely helped me so much. When I read your blog when you lost Michael, I never actually thought that I would go through the same thing, but five years later I did, and having read about your experience and your grief and knowing that you had overcome it, gave me so much hope! I know what you mean about blogging. I have such a hard time finding the time to keep up our family blog, which is why I decided to record Brynna's story on a separate blog. I have no idea how long I'll keep it up, but like you, writing has definitely helped me get through a really tough day or night. If you ever decided to delete this domain, maybe you could transfer all your posts about Michael to another blog so others would still be able to read his story. Thank you so much for sharing it, Hil! I'm so sorry you had to go through it, but I hope that knowing it has helped so many has brought you some peace. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with your blog, and I am sure it helps so many! I let my domain go; I couldn't stand to pay for it anymore and I really didn't care about the pinterest traffic that I was still getting. But yours...yours is worthwhile. I get it. Having lost 4 babies of my own, I have looked back at some of your posts from time to time, too! I was never far enough along to ever get the grief support that people do further along, so I loved reading your feelings a words of hope when I felt to utterly alone. You are amazing. Blogging was such a great outlet, but I can't say that I miss it. ;) Leaving was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Enjoy your time away! (But if you ever figure out a good way to archive your blog into a book; let me know! I want to do that before I delete my blog all together.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time and a season for all things..... Melissa

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs