Friday, December 21, 2012

Peace on earth.


I'll be the first to admit that blogging has not been on my mind at all lately. I receive the same email every December telling me that my domain name is due for renewal. Every December I contemplate what the best thing to do is. I love the friends I have made through this blog and the people who have touched my life (and maybe I've somehow done the same for them). But my heart just isn't in to writing posts lately. I will be paying the renewal once again in case that desire comes back sometime down the road. But for now, Instagram and Path are my main forms of documenting my life.

I couldn't go without mentioning how completely shaken and heartbroken I was after hearing about those sweet children in Connecticut. The day it happened, I cried tears of heartache, tears of frustation, and tears of utter and complete sympathy to those parents who had lost their little ones so close to Christmas time. The greif consumed me and I couldn't understand how such evil could exist here in this country and on this earth. The only comfort I found was through turning to our Heavenly Father. As I was thinking of all of the parents who were suffering from the loss of their babies, I couldn't help but be reminded of a talk given in October at my church's general conference. Elder Shayne M. Bowen spoke specifically to parents who have lost a child and provides so much insite and comfort to grieving parents. I love the quote, "Because of Him, even our Savior, Jesus Christ, those feelings of sorrow, loneliness, and despair will one day be swallowed up in a fulness of joy."

This is a special time of year. A time when we remember and celebrate a little baby who came to this earth many years ago. With His birth came hope and joy. His life brought the highest example of how we should live. His atonement brought us freedom from greif and pain. His death was necessary in order for his resurrection to take place. With His resurrection came eternal life and the possibility for us to live again and to live with our families for eternity. Words can't properly express the deep love I have for my Savior. Through Him tears are dried, hearts are softened, fears are diminished, sins are forgiven, love is found and hope is restored.

I love the song, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and found it very fitting particularly because of the recent events in Connecticut. The right WILL prevail. We can have peace on earth because of that little tiny baby whose birth we get to celebrate in just a few short days. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope that peace and joy will find you this special season!

1 comment:

  1. Hil: Love Love Love this. You put things into perspective. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Love to all

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs