Sunday, July 22, 2012

Youth Conference 2012


Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to youth conference with our stake* at Snow College in Ephraim, Utah. I had heard plenty about the college, but had never actually been there, and now I know why. It is out in the middle of no where! It did have a beautiful campus with some really neat buildings and a cool bell tower though. I had an absolute blast with the youth from our stake and the other leaders that were there. Those three days were jam packed with lots of fun, activities, workshops, devotionals and even a dance at the end where we pulled off our own flash mob (check that one off the bucket list!).

In order to go, I had to leave the boys home alone with Jer for the weekend. I couldn't sleep the whole night before and I had tears in my eyes as I pulled out of the driveway that next morning, waving goodbye to my boys. It was so hard to leave because I knew I would miss them like crazy. Once we were at Snow College, however, we were so busy with everything that I was shocked to realize I didn't have time to miss my boys too much. It was comforting to know they were in such good hands and I know Jer loved spending some one on one time with them.

I was lucky enough to get to go with my dear friend, Mandy, and we both ended up having an absolute riot. It's dangerous getting two full-time mom's out of the house on their own and putting them in a crowd of teenage kids. We got in the middle of one of the largest water fights I have ever seen (with approximately 250+ people), stayed up late, danced like we were 16 again and even took a midnight run to the Mav for some ice cream. It wasn't until we woke up in the morning when we realized we aren't as young as we once were. It didn't help that we were sleeping on plastic mattresses in our sleeping bags, we didn't complain though because we were just glad we weren't camping! A few ibuprofen's later and we were back at it for another day's worth of activities.

The best part about this youth conference is that it not only provided a lot of fun for the youth that were there, but it also provided so many opportunities to feel the spirit. We were all taught so many great things out of the "For the Strength of Youth" manual while we were there. On the very last day we had a testimony meeting for the youth to go up and share what they had learned and felt while at youth conference. Every one of those testimonies was so powerful and made me realize just how strong and awesome the youth are today.

I must say that despite the wonderful time I had while I was gone, it was so good to come back home to my boys. There is nothing sweeter than two little arms wrapped around your neck and hearing the words, "I missed you mommy!" I missed them too.

*I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You can learn more about my church and how it is organized here. I currently serve in the Young Women's organization for my ward (and love it!). Feel free to email if you ever have any questions! It's something I love to talk about. :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I had the greatest time and you made it so fun!! You're still getting TP'd though so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll be waiting out on my porch with some water balloons. ;)

      Delete
  2. HIlary you look like one of the YW!! I am glad you had so much fun! It's good for you to get some girl time in with all those boys at your house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your sis; you look like a YW yourself. I bet those girls love you! What a fun calling. I just caught up on your blog! Love the new shop. It's so professional looking! And your moms chicken coop/garden is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs