Friday, July 20, 2012

My Mom's Cute (and clean) Chicken Coop






I told you this coop deserves a post of it's own. The boys love going to my parents house for three reasons:

1. Grandma and Grandpa (and aunt Lindsey!)
2. The pool.
3. The chickens.

My parents chicken coop and garden area is one of the cutest little places on earth. They keep the place pristine which means their chickens and eggs are also clean. Their chickens are sweet and completely mellow so much so that they let my boys pick them up and hold them. The thing I love most about my parents chickens is the unique types that create diversity amongst the "flock" (is that the right term there mom??). They have four silkies, one bantam white crested polish, one bantam cochin, and one ameraucana. They all lay different colored and sized eggs which makes it super fun for the boys to go collect them each day. It's always a surprise to see what kind of egg we are going to get and Little Guy almost always eats them that very day. Doesn't get any fresher than that folks!

We were lucky enough to be there right after my mom had hatched a bunch of cute little polish chicks in her incubator. I couldn't get enough of them and their "pom-pom" heads. They were seriously cute and the boys knew it. If there was ever a point during the trip when I couldn't find one of them, we always found them in the laundry room where the chicks were. 

I love that my parents have this little piece of country in their own backyard... along with the pool which counts as little piece of paradise. Why we aren't down there every weekend is beyond me...

After a day at the pool, we always ended up sitting on the bench back by the coop with the chickens in the evenings. It is so peaceful there and quite entertaining to watch the chickens do their thing. I loved watching Tiny Man follow each chicken with his hands out in front of him, crouching down to pick them up but missing them by a mile each and every time. He was determined and never did give up. I would eventually give in and go pick one up for him, and then he would giggle and settle in next to it on the bench. I loved watching my boys fall in love with these chickens (and secretly fell in love with them myself along the way).

There, now you have seen the coop. What do you think? Does it make you want chickens now?? They almost have me convinced. Almost. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!! That is so cool! That is a great coop, and those look like some happy chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for reals?!! this is unbelievable. i want to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful and seriously- is she selling eggs? I would totally buy eggs from her if she is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I've actually wanted chickens for a long time, but now I have a dream coop to hope for too! :) What a fun thing for your boys, and what a great Grandma they have!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs