Friday, February 17, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars // a.k.a. the bars I can't stop eating


Sometimes it's the easy recipes that are the most amazing, am I right?

A couple weeks ago I came across this super simple recipe. I decided to make it seeing how I already had most of the ingredients in my fridge. Once they were finished baking the instructions told me to wait until they were completely chilled before cutting into them. However, when they came out of the oven I couldn't resist the sweet, sugary aroma that consumed both nostrils and had to try just a taste. It was with that first taste that I knew I was a gonner.

We have made these three times since and with each time we have had to find someone to share them with in order to save me from eating the entire pan. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars

INGREDIENTS

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
2 cans Crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of crescent roll dough and line the bottom of the pan, pinching together any seams. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread over the crescent rolls. Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture, again pinching any seams together. Pour one stick of melted butter over the top. Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly on top of the butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool, then chill completely in the refrigerator before cutting into bars.

6 comments:

  1. dangit, Hilary. I'm gonna have to make these. Food is the only thing I've got right now that's getting me thru these final weeks ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look UNREAL! as in i need to make them as soon as humanly possible. this weekend perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. making these for a party tonight cant wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love them! They make a great Cinco de Mayo dessert. ;)

      Delete
  4. Made these for our Cinco de Mayo potluck at work today and everyone enjoyed them. Very delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs