Sunday, December 11, 2011

The best cup of hot chocolate.

During the winter months I become somewhat obsessed with hot, chocolately drinks. Every evening before bed I warm myself up a mug of water (or milk if I'm being daring) and enjoy a nice drink of hot chocolate before I go to bed. It produces excellent padding and insulation during the cold winter months. Trust me. Big sweaters and sweat pants become my best friends. I have had some really good cups of hot chocolate in years past, however, I think I may have found my favorite concoction yet. Allow me to share, since that is precisely what I would do if you had come over to my house this evening.


Best Cup of Hot Chocolate 

What you will need: 

1 festive mug full of hot water
3 table spoons of Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa in Milk Chocolate
a splash (or two.. or three...) of amaretto flavored coffee creamer
1 nice big swirl of Reddi Wip

What you do:

Stir hot chocolate mix into the hot water. Use a milk frother if you have one. Add a splash (or two.. or three...) of amaretto flavored coffee creamer. Taste, make sure there is enough amaretto flavoring to your liking. Then add a little more for good measure. Top it all off with a nice big swirl of Reddi Wip. Spray some in your mouth straight from the canister and put it back in the fridge before anyone notices. Snuggle up on the couch to watch a good movie or even just the news. It won't matter what your watching. The hot chocolate will be so good you won't be paying any attention to what's on the television. Instead you'll be dreaming of all things joyful and good in life. Including the yummy mug of chocolate in your hands. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmhh yum, sound delicious. I love hot chocolate but never thought of flavoring it with amaretto. I usually go for hazelnut or cinnamon.

    Have to finde some amaretto flavored coffee creamer or maybe some amaretto coffee syrup here in Germany - which usually is the hard part about it. Or I'll have to go for the real thing - actually not, I don't like any alcohol in my drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school, we used to buy hot chocolate at the gas station and mix in amaretto and frech vanilla coffee creamers into our hot chocolate. I LOVED it. Not I'm craving it again...

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs