Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We heart Idaho.


Oh Idaho how we love you and are going to miss you!

Idaho is where we met, married and started a family together. It is where all of our first family memories were made. It is where we lived and learned. We experienced the joy of holding a new baby in our arms (twice) and unfortunately the devastating sadness of burying a baby. We made lifelong friends and came to the realization that even if you aren't related to someone they can still be family. We loved the slow and steady lifestyle that exists there and used it to our every advantage. We explored our surroundings, taught Little Guy (the little bit we know) about farming, visited my grandma's, played with friends and cousins, ate at Puerto Vallarta (which happens to be the best mexican food around) and the Snake Bite, shopped at the local farmer's market, drove to see the windmills, visited Michael, lived blocks away from Target, grew to love our neighborhood and ward members, discovered new parks, and just plain enjoyed life. Idaho was good to us and will forever have a special place in our hearts.

We made it here to Utah Saturday evening. Our first meal gave me food poisoning (no thanks to Zupas...) and I was out of commission while Jer unloaded the cars, got the boys in bed and went grocery shopping. He is a real life super man I tell ya. I love that man.

We spent Sunday morning and afternoon recuperating and going to church. Sunday evening my brother and his cute wife had us over for dinner. My sister and her husband were there as well. It is going to be so much fun being close to all of them. That is definitely one of the pros of this move. The cons of course are the people we will no longer be close to back in Idaho! It was very hard saying our goodbyes and the only consolation we had is that we would be seeing them again this weekend.

We are currently looking for a home as we are temporarily here in a furnished apartment. I always knew buying a home would be a daunting task, but I never thought it would be so emotionally draining on top of it all. Wish us luck. I am sure it will be hit and miss on the blog the next few weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding a place to call home! So excited that you get to be near family!! That sounds like heaven to me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so hard to leave a place you lived for a long time and people you love.

    Good luck finding a new home. I am sure you will find a great place for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Idaho misses you too! How wonderful to live close to your siblings, though. I hope the house hunting turns out to be a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary: Hope all are feeling better. Please know that Idaho Misses you very much. Hope that the house hunting goes well. Much love to you and your family. Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one am glad that you moved to Utah! Why?? Because we are moving there too in about one month. We will be there the week before Thanksgiving. So maybe I can officially meet you sometime. I'm sure it will be an adjustment to start over and make new friendships. It will be nice that you have some family there already. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Utahns are thrilled to have you. Hope that your new home can hold just as many fond memories.

    Can't wait to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idaho, oh Idaho. I'm glad it is only a couple hours away. Utah has some really cool things, but alas, it's not Idaho. But you're here now -- you'll love being by your sibs. We love our family get togethers. Hope we get to see you from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite part about being in Utah is being by family. My sister lives down the road (when she's not living in Hawaii for a semester) and my Mom and Dad live like 10 minutes from me. It is amazing to have so much help and support (especially for our situation with a son with a mental disorder). It is our first time living near family (except for a few short months between going to PT school and stuff like that), but we love it so far. :) Good Luck to you and NO MORE ZUPAS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs