Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My 500th Post

Jer with Little Guy on the Mark Twain boat at Disneyland.
Truth be told I could have told you this news in the last post but I thought it would be fun to save it for my 500th post. You know, since reporting about my latest cookie dough binge isn't as exciting. Here's the big news.

On our way down to southern California Jer stopped in Utah for a job interview. Things looked pretty promising and they told us we would know if he got the job by the end of the next week. This meant we were basically sitting on pins and needles for the first half of our vacation. It was pretty much the only thing Jer thought about for those first few days. He received a few calls from the company's HR department asking him some questions about relocation (which was a huge hint that he got the job) and finally on Thursday he was presented with an offer. He accepted and now we are getting ready to move to Utah in less than 10 days!

I am heartbroken and excited all at the same time. I have lived in Idaho ever since I was eight years old and it is my comfort zone. It is where my grandma's, in-laws, cousins, friends and neighbors are who I will miss terribly. It will be a gargantuan change in our lives and we are going to miss this place like crazy. I sort of feel like I am just running on a treadmill getting no where with all the things that need to get done. I just don't even know where to start.

Even though it is sad to leave, I am excited for this new chapter to begin in our lives and feel blessed that we are finally able to move forward!

p.s. we have a house hunting trip planned between now and our move date and I could really use any suggestions on an awesome place to live in Utah County. 

17 comments:

  1. Are you and Marta going to be neighbors again?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jer on the new job. That's so exciting. Good luck on the house hunt, I am sure you'll finde a great place for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was driving through Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs and there was not an ugly house in sight. Seriously. I kept thinking "i never want to leave this place.. all the houses are gorgeous" plus my parents live in Lehi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS you guys! Although I'm a bit disappointed in the awesomeness drain that I see in Idaho right now. :) Happy house hunting/moving thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and your family and this new chapter you will be starting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's awesome and I'm excited for you guys to begin a new chapter in your lives!!! Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilary that is so exciting! We love Utah County! We hate the road construction, but that's the only thing we hate about it. :) Once Justin graduates we think we'd like to live in Eagle Mountain, but I also really like the American Fork and Lehi areas! I guess it depends a lot on where Jer's job is. But congrats!! It sounds like it's going to be a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 500 posts, a new job, and a new adventure in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! We are excited for you guys. I love Saratoga Springs. Jason and I love Lehi. (It's where we'd like to move someday...) And American Fork and Lindon are beautiful, too. Draper is really nice as well. Good Luck!! I'm sure you'll find a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How fun! You'll be close to family in Utah too!!! What an exciting and crazy time!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! We were thinking about moving to Utah and I was looking at housed in the Eagle Mountain/Saratoga Springs area. And just think, you are going to be 4 hours closer to St. George now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure you could pick a bad place! American Fork and Pleasant Grove both have some great neighborhoods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh my! moving to utah?! please let's be real life friends someday. and congrats to your husband on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for your family Hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay!! that is exciting! we live in american fork and LOVE it! i love that it's not nearly as competitive or as "rich" as other parts (like draper, highland, alpine, daybreak crap). i can't stand the competitive mormons and everyone having to drive the best cars, have the cutest house, and have the cutest, most hip kids. we don't get nearly as much of that in american fork where we live, and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yeah. my parents live in lehi and love it there too. they live on the east side of the freeway... not sure if that makes a difference, but they love their ward (really down to earth, not fake, people). :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hooray. am finally 'plugged' in again and checking my reader. congrats again to your little fam for this big exciting move. good luck. i can't wait to see what happens next. hold on, it'll be one crazy ride. so happy you're moving a bit closer to me!! yay.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs