Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

About a week ago I came across this revolutionary way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.  Wha?? Seriously?  The kicker is that this method of making ice cream is delicious.  It's so creamy and smooth... we were dying over the texture the first time we made it.  I decided to be brave and make up my own recipe.  It is basically a knock off of Coldstone's Cookie Doughn't Ya Want Some (one of my favorites).  But let me tell you folks, it turned out even better than the real thing.  You are going to want to make this ice cream soon.  Like, tonight.  Or better yet right now.

Warning: this is not a bathing suit season approved food.  unless of course you are like me and realize food is much more enjoyable than looking good at the pool.


First, we are going to start with the "base" of our no-ice-cream-maker-needed ice cream.  You want to start with two bowls.  One of which will contain 2 cups of whipping cream, thoroughly whipped and the other will have one can of sweetened condensed milk.


Next, we need to introduce the cast of ingredients in this killer recipe.  You will need 1 to 2 heaping spoonfuls of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel, and yes it must be this exact brand and flavor!  You will also need 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 cup (heaping) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and some of your favorite cookie dough that has been frozen.  I love Marta's idea to roll into balls before freezing.


After you and the ingredients have been acquainted, it is time to add them all to the bowl of sweetened condensed milk.  Stir them together.  Then fold entire mixture into the whipped cream.


Pour into a 2 quart tupperware container and then swirl in the last tablespoonful of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel and freeze.  It takes at least 6 hours before it is solid enough to be considered ice cream so I usually make it the night before.


Once it has spent time in the freezer, scoop it into a cone or bowl OR just eat it right out of the container and enjoy!  Yum.

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream 

Ingredients

2 cups whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (make that a heaping 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoonfuls Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel
1 to 1 1/2 cup frozen cookie dough

Directions

Whip whipping cream until light and fluffy in mixing bowl.  Set aside.

In separate bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, 1 tablespoonful of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel, chocolate chips and cookie dough.

Fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into whipping cream and pour into a 2 quart tupperware container. Swirl in the last tablespoonful of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel.

Freeze for at least 6 hours and enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Yum! I don't have an ice cream maker either....I am going to try this soon!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, mama...this looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really!? That's it? No constant stirring?! I am so excited (can you tell by the ?!'s)! This sounds delicious. I think I might just do this on Sunday! (My dessert day)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this ice cream has been my nightmare!!! I just discovered this method not too long ago and it is way too easy! I haven't tried caramel cookie dough though... YUM! I'll have to add that to my toppings to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Hilary! No need for an ice-cream maker means these hips just got a little bit bigger. ;) SO SO SO excited to try it. Now that I just got back from the store, I'll have to go again and try it. LOOKS DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you even kidding me? caramel cookie dough? i want to lick the screen. we are doing this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS! I could eat that for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some sitting in my freezer right now. T-minus 5 hours and 45 minutes. :)

    Thanks Hil!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think that this is a easy recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might have to give this a try. It seems pretty foolproof.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Semi-sweet? Have you converted? ;)

    I can't wait to try this recipe. Looks yum and your pictures are so perfect

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs