Monday, June 20, 2011

Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies

Um.  I don't even know what to say about these amazing brownies. I suppose it pretty much sums it up by telling you we had an entire pan yesterday evening and they are completely gone this evening.  They were an instant hit and a new favorite around here.  The texture is amazing.  It's gooey, yet the marshmallow cream that is exposed on top gets a little toasted and has a nice little crunch to it (much like a roasted mallow).  They.are.good.  So good in fact that if I hadn't sworn off sweets today I would be making another batch tomorrow.  
Make 'em. Eat 'em. Love 'em.

Ooey-Gooey Peanut-Butter Brownies
Recipe from Cooking Light, Sept. 2010

3/4 C sweetened condensed milk, divided (fat-free can be used)
1/4 C butter, melted and cooled
1/4 C non-fat milk
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
cooking spray
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
1/2 C peanut butter morsels (I ended up using 3/4 of the bag...)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

With an electric mixer, combine 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, milk, butter, cake mix, and egg white. Mixture will be very thick. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Use either floured hands, or spray your hands with cooking spray in order to press it down without having it stick to your fingers. The layer will be thin. Bake for 10 minutes.

Combine 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl and combine until smooth. Stir in PB morsels. (If you are me, stir in a few more for good luck).  Spread marshmallow layer over brownie layer in pan.  Take the rest of the brownie batter and use your fingers to smash it out flat in pieces and then lay on top of the marshmallow mixture so that some of that layer shows through.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.

6 comments:

  1. OMG I am so making these.They really look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KILL me. Seriously. If I made every Recipe you put on this blog I would be dead. You find the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to remember these for my once a week treat day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...these look divine. And your pictures of them are beautiful!

    By the way...I keep checking your blog hoping to see a picture of your new bangs! We need to skype so I can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These. look. amazing.

    P.S.
    My word verification for today: bless
    As in *bless* you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok ... I gained ten pounds just looking at the pictures of these brownies. And I'm pretty sure I felt a major sugar high that I'm just now coming down from. I forgive you ... they were worth it! Judy

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs