Friday, June 10, 2011

Corn & Black Bean Salsa


Last night I hosted girl's night at my house and boy was it a party.  No thanks to any of my prep but a major thanks to the fun girls that came.  I am probably the world's worst party planner as I am more focused on getting my house clean and tidy than on having extravagant decorations (more like no decorations).  I look at pretty party's on the world wide web with drool hanging from one side of my mouth wishing I had the creativity, motivation and time to put one together.  Maybe some day.  For now, I'll stick to my plain dixie paper plates and stained card tables.  I fear I am too laid back for my own good.

One thing I did make was this corn and black bean salsa and let me tell you, it was good.  I'm a fan.  I love the colors in it and the individual flavors all combine to make one fresh party for your tongue.  It is a must share recipe so here I am sharing it with you.  You will thank me when you take that first bite but will then curse me after you have gone through a whole bag of chips and eaten the whole bowl...

Corn and Black Bean Salsa
from one of my all time favorite cookbooks. the other two are equally awesome.

Ingredients:

12 oz. can sweet yellow corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 c. grape tomatoes, sliced
14.5 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1 bunch cilantro, minced
1 red onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large avocado, diced (if you are like me and love avocado, then add 2 or 3. I did and it was awesome)
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. olive oil

Directions:

Fold all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator.  Serve with chips and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious! I love this type of salsa, especially when it's loaded with avocados. Yum!!

    It sounds like you and I throw the same kinds of parties ;) I don't do the creative thing very well. My focus is always on the food and like you, whether my house is presentable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs