Monday, May 9, 2011

A Weekend Recapped Part 1

My weekend began on Thursday evening.  The plan was for me to leave for Provo that evening, seeing how we were meeting with Justin Hackworth for the final showing of our pictures Friday morning at 11:00am.  When Jer got home I was having major second thoughts and going through withdrawals already.  This would be the first time I had ever left Tiny Man and the first time I have ever been without at least one of my boys.  Jer basically shoved me out the door telling me to have fun and that things would be just fine.  I knew they would be, but I also knew I would miss my boys like crazy.

The four hour drive was actually heaven sent.  I was alone.  In the car.  By myself.  I was actually able to listen to the radio for the first time in about three years.  I even just sat in silence for a while and let my mind wander.  It felt very weird.  I kept feeling like something was missing... and there was!  It was my boys.

When I got to Provo (around 10:00pm) my sister's roommate was just leaving for the night.  Seriously?  I know there was a time when my nights were just beginning at 10 (maybe..), but it seemed so distant that it could have been part of a different life.  All I wanted to do at that moment was crawl into bed and end the day!  It made me laugh when I realized how old I have gotten.

My mom, dad and grandma all met me at the studio the next morning.  Meeting with Justin again was really fun.  He had created a slideshow of some of his favorite photos and had it projected onto a ginormous screen.  We oohed and awed and even laughed at a few of the pictures.  We loved them, ordered some and thanked him again for the awesome experience.  I can't even imagine the work that must into this whole project.  Alls I know is we really, truly appreciate every last bit of it!  I highly encourage you to sign up next year, you won't be disappointed.

We all met up with my sister for lunch at Zupas.  Holy moly was it good.  I want another tai peanut salad and turkey bacon avocado panini right now.  Like, seriously.  It was fun meeting up with my family and I was sad to go.  This time, I got to drive home with my Grams in the car.  She had been at my parents house for the past two weeks and needed a ride home.  This opportunity for us to meet up in Provo was perfect.  On the ride home, it was reconfirmed to me that she is the sweetest woman on this earth.  I sure love her!  I have been blessed with two wonderful grandma's in my life, that is for certain.

When I got home, my boys were still awake so I got to cuddle them and put them to bed.  It was a wonderful little getaway, but I'm glad it was only for 24 hours.  I missed my boys too much!

Here are a few favorites from our session:












8 comments:

  1. Firstly I love Zupas. The ultimate grilled cheese is in my top-three favorite sandwiches. Secondly, those photos are amazing. Thirdly, I'm seriously hoping that my sisters, mom, and I can get in on the 30 Strangers goodness next year.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely, positively beautiful Hilary! It's because of the subjects of course. I've always thought you were gorgeous! And you always will be! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are more than pretty. And so are you =)

    Somehow they make me miss my grandma, wish she was still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful pictures. It is because of the women that are in the pictures. We are all truly blessed to have women like these in our lives. Cherish them while they are here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandmother is just adorable! What a beautiful woman she is.

    And holy moly, these pictures of you and your mom are stunning!

    3 generations of beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that one of you looking back over your shoulder. Hello, model material!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of the three of you! I'm glad you got to go on a little get away. I know it can be hard to leave the kiddos behind. When hub and I went on a trip a couple weeks ago, I took one of my baby boy's stuffed animals with me. I told hub in the car after we left, and he said, "But what if he wants it?" Turns out he did. Oops. Luckily, he didn't get too upset about it and I still got to have a little piece of my baby boy with me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs