Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Quarter

{me at one year old}
Well, two things are for certain.  Cake still makes me just as happy after all these years and I am still waiting to grow into my forehead.

Twenty five.  I am twenty five.  That means I have been alive for one quarter of a century.  But I don't like saying it that way because it makes me sound way too old and to be honest I'm not ready to grow up just yet.  

I love that my Little Guy went shopping with Jer yesterday to pick out my gift.  He came through the door holding a Toy Story gift bag with a huge smile on his face.  Inside the bag I found a toy story card that plays "You've Got a Friend in Me", a YoYo, a package of punch balls and some giant bubbles.  It was the sweetest gift because I know he picked out every single item all on his own.  

The funny thing is, I was honestly excited about the Duncan YoYo.  I remember in 4th grade when we had a traveling yo-yo group come and perform for us.  I decided right then and there that I wanted to be a professional YoYo-er when I grew up.  I wanted a Duncan Butterfly YoYo so badly from that day forth.  I finally got one for my birthday that year.  I practiced and tried to master the skills of YoYo-ing.  At the end of it all I was able to do the "sleeper" trick, "walk the dog", "around the world", "rock the baby" and "the throw down".  (I only had to google a few of those, pretty sad that I remember the others..)  The YoYo craze eventually fizzled out and I have no idea whatever happened to my Butterfly. Opening that present from Little Guy definitely threw me down memory lane.  

This past year has been beautiful.  I was able to grow and birth another healthy baby boy, which is something I will never take for granted for as long as I live.  We moved into a bigger place with an awesome backyard next to wonderful neighbors.  I made new friends and strengthened old friendships.  It's safe to say that with each passing year my life just gets better, more meaningful and much more beautiful.  


p.s. thanks for all your birthday wishes!  i had a wonderful day yesterday, complete with a hot date with my hubs to wrap it all up!

12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HILARY. i just love this post. and that pic & quote are just perfect. and HELLO! your oldest son looks just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hilary! Love the picture. I was going to say the same thing as Marta...little guy is your clone!

    Glad you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marta- that quote is from the adorable book you gave me. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday dear friend, I am glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear. I'm glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late but, Happy Birthday! That present from Little Guy is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hilary, if I need a laugh I just read your blogs. :o) I can totally see Little Guy when I look at your baby picture. I remember having the traveling YOYO group come to our school when I was a kid. No doubt the YoYo industries profit went up after that. Every buddy had to have them. I'm so glad you had a great Birth day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, your little guy's gifts to you are the sweetest things ever, right down to the Toy Story 3 bag! What a darling boy you are raising.

    I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Oh, and 25 is definitely not too old my dear. You are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Hil! I volunteer you to amaze us with your awesome YO YO skills at the next family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! So cute! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy birthday! I read this on my phone and then forgot to come back and comment. The forehead comment made me laugh out loud- LOL! ... but I never thought that about it! I think you are a babe- quite frankly I'm jealous of your looks (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I know I'm way way late... But I cannot believe you're only 25!! I just assumed you were my age since we got married the same summer! Happy Birthday... just wait for 26. Its much worse than 25 because then you're DEFINITELY closer to 30!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs