Monday, April 25, 2011

We're back and a Happy Be-lated Easter to all!


We are back from our fun-filled trip to Utah.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous at my parents house, which meant we spent a lot of out time outside.  The cousins went for walks and even went swimming a couple of times.  My sister and her friend took Little Guy fishing for his first time ever (I have yet to have my first fishing experience).  He loved it and is begging to go again sometime.  The easter egg hunt was too cute.  Little Guy and his cute little cousin are the perfect age for that tradition.  They were not competitive in any way and just incredibly excited whenever they find a new egg.  It was too cute.

I have a boat load of laundry to get done today, which should be awesome.  The best news though?  Little Guy and Tiny Man are sick again.  I know.  I can't believe it either.  For some reason I had it in my mind that we weren't allowed to get sick again after the month long stuff that ended just a week ago. It's a good thing it is cold and rainy here today as it will force us all to slow down, relax and chill (literally) a bit.  Hopefully we can get rid of this sickness quicker than the last.

We had a wonderful Easter and just wish we could have stayed long enough to hear my dad speak in church as I'm sure he did a wonderful job.  Instead, we drove for 8 1/2 hours with two cars and two incredibly great little travelers.  Seriously, my boys are champs when it comes to making that drive.  I did get to watch this and this and encourage you to as well.  Such beautiful messages for this Easter season.

I have had many thoughts of our sweet Michael this weekend and am so grateful for the hope that the resurrection brings to our family.  We had one of our "Fridays" that Elder Wirthlin speaks about in that last video link when we lost our sweet baby and can't wait for that beautiful Sunday when we will see him again.

I will be back later this week with details (and maybe some pics) from my experience with Justin Hackworth.  I also made the big switch to a so-called smart phone this past week, wish me luck on figuring it out.  I'm already missing my stone age pink flip-phone.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend!

    Really, is there anything more darling than toddlers hunting Easter eggs? Eva had her first experience this weekend, and loved it!

    I've had Elder Wirthlin's talk on my mind as well. You WILL see your sweet babe again and he will be yours forever. What a wonderful promise...Sunday WILL come!

    P.S.
    So sorry your little men are sick again. Heal up quickly, boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home! i am so happy to have you back and sad to hear about those little sick boys. hope they get well soon. this gloomy weather is not helping. can't wait to hear about your smart phone adventures!!

    p.s. thinking of you and your angel boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you and your sweet michael...hugs! get well soon and i'm glad you enjoyed your time here. :)

    p.s. i'm a little bit, okay a lot, in love with my iphone. you'll wonder what you ever did without a smart phone once you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Hil. I'm glad you had fun with your parents and got to enjoy some warm weather. I can't believe your family is sick again! That is totally not fair. I hope they are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs