Friday, April 1, 2011

Afflicted and Inspired.


My family is still sick.  I have finally caught whatever it is that the boys have.  I stayed strong for a week, but eventually my immune system caved.

Also, does anyone know how it feels to have a 3 mm corneal abrasion??  It's humbling ridiculous just how debilitating a tiny scratch on the eye can be.  I learned that there are a lot of things that I could still do if I ever go blind.  Like change a diaper for example.  But there even more things I couldn't do.  Like drive.

I'm just waiting for some tiny little leprechaun to jump out and say "APRIL FOOLS!".  But I don't think that will happen.  Wait, leprechauns are for St. Patrick's day...

Anyway, I really didn't come here to have my own pity party.  Life really is wonderful and we are still so very blessed!  I came here to remind you that this weekend is the 181st Annual General Conference of my church.  We are lucky enough to have it broadcasted on our local tv station so we will all probably snuggle up on the couch in our pj's with a bunch of cough drops and a big ol' box of kleenex.  Go here to see if it is being broadcast in your area.  If not, you can always watch it streamed live from the world wide web.

Conference comes twice each year and happens to be my favorite time of the year.  It is a time when we are able to hear inspiring messages from inspired men and women.  Each time I watch conference, without fail, I come away feeling comforted, encouraged and motivated.  I know the things they say are what my Heavenly Father wants and needs me to hear.  I loved watching "Why Conference Matters" as they say it so perfectly.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Feel better, Hilary!

    I too am excited for Conference. I'm especially excited that we will DVR it...because really, with 4 kids of my own, plus 4 nieces and nephews that will be visiting, it is sure to be loud. At least I can re-watch it throughout next week when it's a bit more calm and quiet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness girl! you & your family need to get better already! hope the bug leaves soon. enjoy your conference weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I finally caught whatever bug I have been evading. Nice to know we can relax and enjoy this conference weekend!! Hope all is well up in Idaho-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about the Conference this weekend. It will be the first time to see it as a member of the church. I really need it this week since I have been a little down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only you had a friend to bring you cafe rio and treats and a new iPad.. Am loving this by the way.. Get well soon. You are a miracle worker. We love your fam!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs