Monday, March 28, 2011

PB and Chocolate Lovers Only

As you know by now most of my favorite recipes come from my mom.  This one actually came from my grandma who gave it to my mom who then introduced it to me the last time I was down there visiting.  I guess the love of peanut butter and chocolate runs in the family.  I have already made these brownies twice since the first introduction (only a few weeks ago).  They are seriously good.  No really I mean it, they don't mess around when it comes to being awesome.

Consider this a fair warning: you will want to eat the entire pan.  It's true.  So, if you have zero self control (like myself) share them with your friends and neighbors.  Or don't.  But just know that I warned you.  It's truly a dangerous recipe for me to have.  In sharing this recipe I only ask one thing.  That is if you do make them please don't hesitate to send some my way!

Enjoy.

Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars

Ingredients:

1 batch of your favorite brownie recipe for a 9×13-inch pan
½ cup salted peanuts
8 Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped (I actually used 10 because I'm a huge fan)
1½ cups milk chocolate chips
1½ cups creamy peanut butter
½ tablespoon unsalted butter
1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal

Instructions:

Prepare the brownies according to the directions and bake for about 5 minutes less than the recipe states.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with the peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups.  Return to the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.

While they are finishing baking, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.  Stir in the cereal to evenly coat.  Remove the brownies from the oven and evenly pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top.  Spread to cover evenly.  Lick the spoon.  Or don't.  But I do!  Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These sound so good! Peanut butter and chocolate are two of my most favorite things :) Can't wait to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can testify that they are AMAZING! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe, they sound, and look delicious. I will try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya you cant go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. My kids new fav choc chip cookie recipe is the one you posted a few months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must make this. I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER! ~Dorienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just have to say...I made these the other day and they truly are AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs