Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day


{November 2008, Zion's National Park}

"Love is the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Yet it is not found only at the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arched across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

It's Valentine's Day (in case you didn't know)!  As for me and hubs... I'm not sure what we are doing to celebrate our love.  We are kind of the last-minute planner types (some may say we are flaky) but I love our little spur of the moment decisions.

We sure have a funny way of prepping for the holiday.  Last night we had a pillow fight.  It quickly turned from the "oh cute, we're flirting" pillow fight to the "I'm going to beat your face in with my pillow" pillow fight.  It was actually quite humorous and ended with my face smashed into the mattress, both feet on the ground, and pillow dropped to my side as a sign of surrender.  My husband was in the doorway with a big smile of victory on his face.  I wonder if I will ever win or if it will just be one of those things that always ends with the same scene.

All joking aside, we truly are in love and I am so glad I snagged Jer when I did.  He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I really do feel like the luckiest girl on earth to have him as my man for eternity.  There is no one else in the world that I am more comfortable with.  I love that we are still immature goofy enough to have a pillow fight.  I love that we still laugh just as hard and as often as we did when we were dating.  We are best friends and there is no other way I would want it to be.

In case you missed it last year, feel free to read our love story.

p.s. Today should be a fun day with my boys.  How could it not be when it started with Little Guy insisting on wearing his "I want my mummy" shirt with a big ol' mummy on it that he got for Halloween?  His logic I suppose is that it is a holiday shirt, and today is a holiday.  He seriously cracks me up.
p.p.s. have you filled out the form yet?

7 comments:

  1. Haha! Oh, Hilary. You two are too cute. I love that picture of you. The perfect couple.

    Happy last minute planning. Wish I could be a bit more like you sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable photo. you have amazing skin...i'm kinda jealous :)

    happy heart day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute picture! (did you plan on matching that day? too cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet.
    Happy Valentine's.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute together. Happy Valentine's Day Hil

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I just had that talk last night about how fun it is to still be so in love. I love that he still gives me butterflies! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs