Monday, February 7, 2011

Does this ever happen to you?

You lay in bed at night and can't fall asleep because your head is spinning with a great idea for a blog post? Then you wonder if you should just get up and start writing it so that you can actually get some sleep before your little one decides to wake up for his late night feeding?

But instead you talk yourself out of it telling yourself that is absolutely absurd.  It's a blog.  Your sleep is much more valuable at this point.

Then you lay there tossing and turning for another hour or so thinking of the perfect wording and just how you want to tell it all in the morning.

Just when you finally doze off to sleep, your little one wakes up, just as predicted.  You feed him and lull him back to sleep while you yourself try to fall asleep once again.  Only to think about another idea for a blog post and start the cycle all over again.  Seriously?

The best part?  You wake up the next morning and don't remember anything you thought up the night before.  Does that ever happen to you?  No?  So, I am a crazy person after all.  Glad we got that all cleared up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to go pretend that I actually got some sleep last night.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the sleep, Hil. I do that ALL the time. I need to follow some advice I've been given and keep a notebook by my bed.

    Happy napping. Hope you get some sleep in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that all the time, I can't sleep and I end up brainstorming all kind of cake desings and tutorials to post at the blog.Like Hannah, I have now a notebook by my bed with all kind of notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you didin't get much sleep. I do that in the middle of the night too. My brain just won't shut down. Then the next morning I don't remember what was so important. I think that Hannah's advise is good. Maybe I'll try that too. Hope you get some rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird. It's like you're me but, like, the brown haired skinnier version of me. In other words... happens to me all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope. you are not the only one! happens to me all the time. throw in a helping of pregnancy insomnia and i have the perfect recipe for a can't-stop-thinking-about-stuff sleepless night!

    p.s. have i told you i HATE spiders too...just noticed that on your sidebar :)
    my top three worst things of all time include: spiders, raisins and barry manilow. just some fun facts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That happened to me last night - but with ideas for quilts and other projects. And an idea for Relief Society next week (i totally just remembered that - thanks to you!) ... but yeah, i think of my best ideas when i'm trying to fall asleep. you're not crazy! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did that the other night! I had a great idea for a blog (especially since I've been MIA from my blog for a couple of weeks), didn't write it down because I was trying to get to sleep, and 15 minutes later my teething six month old woke up!

    Glad I'm not the only one, hope you got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs