Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bliss -n. 1. Serene Joy 2. The joy of heaven.

I am in love.

Tiny Man has sure captured my heart and is holding it in his pudgy little hand.

He has had some really good days this past week and I am holding my breath hoping that he is finally growing out of his troubles.  By good I mean he has been able to smile, talk, laugh (almost! hiccups got in the way), and only cries when he is hungry.  Yesterday he even fell asleep on his own in his crib after a diaper change.

It was nothing short of a miracle.

I can't believe he is already two months old.  Seriously?  Where did the time go?

I am a bipolar mess when it comes to being a mom.  One moment I am sad that my baby is no longer a newborn and during that same thought I change to being absolutely elated about the stage he is currently in.  I am trying my hardest to live in the moment.  To enjoy every second I have with my two boys.  To not wish away the time (even though it is hard not to wish for the day when Tiny Man will be sleeping through the night!).

If there is one thing I have learned as a mother, it is that time goes by at warp speed.  I still can't believe I have a 3 year old and a 2 month old, when I swear just last month I just had one baby and was a new mother.

I don't want to miss or forget how my Little Guy loves to dress up in his daddy's shirts and dance around the house before bed each night.

I don't want to miss or forget how incredibly squishy and warm Tiny Man's cheeks are when I kiss them or how his toes curl when I tickle his feet.

I don't want to miss or forget how tender hearted, full of life and hilarious Little Guy is.

I don't want to miss or forget how my heart flutters each time Tiny Man coos and gurgles at his big brother and then how it melts as I look over at him zonked out on my shoulder with his cheek squished into me and mouth wide open, his lips in a perfect little circle.

I especially don't want to miss or forget the heartwarming bond my two boys have with each other.  Each of them get so concerned when the other is upset and love to be with each other.  Tiny Man spends most of his day watching his big brother in wonder.  I so hope that this bond will continue on throughout their lives.

We are finally getting the hang of things around here and settling in to our "new normal".  It took some time!  We are even getting a little more sleep.  Beautiful, glorious sleep.  I no longer have episodes of putting toothpaste on my armpit instead of deodorant or putting the milk in the pantry instead of the fridge.

And we are all thankful for that.

12 comments:

  1. Two months? You have got to be kidding me!

    Oh my but he is a beautiful baby. And beautiful words from his mama as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweetest photo ever. i love this glimpse into your life. i've been amazed how you've picked up your new normal so quickly. i'm inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so handsome! I too can't believe how times goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so squishy and cute! I hope we can meet him soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog because everything you say I'm like.. "yes! YES!!"

    Oh I love it. I love having two! And so happy it went boy- boy because they really are already so close! It amazes me how Brody takes to him.

    And oh my gosh I laughed out loud at "toothpaste on my armpit" hahahah! That's so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. These baby pics make me want to have some little ones too!

    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need need my baby fix. He is such a doll and I am so happy that he is doing better. He is growing so big and I bet the little guy is a big help. He is so cute and fun to talk to. Maybe, I'll have to come over and give both of them a big love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your boys are so darling! motherhood is by FAR the hardest job on the planet! (and the other planets too, i'm sure)! it is so rewarding and so difficult all at the same time. truly is blessing me. and trying me all at the same moment. you're a good mom. hard babies are just that. HARD! they truly make motherhood a trial of faith and hope. :) but you sure learn a lot. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am right there with you...my Ever is almost 2 months old and already i am working to 'stay in teh moment' with her..with three older kids i know how fast it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He has gotten so BIG!! I'm so happy that he is finally sleeping for you! I have to make a trip up soon to see you guys! Miss your guts! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad things are going more smoothly! That time before things start to feel normal again can be so hard, but it's so great that you're trying your best to live in the moment.

    I love your post title too. My blog has been going through a bit of a remodel, and the word "Bliss" is part of my new blog title, so that word and what it means has been on my mind lately. So it was fun to come here and see that it's been on your mind too. It perfectly describes the feeling of being a mom, and getting to kiss squishy baby cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a mother, all I need to say is Amen. The moments fly and drag all at the same time. I dread the speed, but thrill over the new. My oldest is 9, youngest 5 months--with 3 in between. I try to relish it all. That's tough when your SO tired.

    --I came by way of Serene.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs