Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Grandma's Love



My mom is amazing.  If you haven't already heard me talk about the wonderful cook that she is, or how she is the best grandma on the face of the planet then you have at least heard me talk about what an awesome crafter she is.  She gets an idea in her head and just goes for it.  This time around, she truly outdid herself.

When we had Michael, one of the most precious and touching things was the little outfit that the hospital provided for him to be buried in.  It was so incredibly tiny and just what we needed.  I couldn't help but think about the sweet lady who had made and donated them so that our little babe had something to wear.  My mom was there, and was equally as touched.  So much so that she decided to make her own outfits and donate them to the hospital when I had Tiny Man.

Aren't they adorable?  I teared up (obviously) when she had Little Guy bring them into the hospital room to give to the nurse.  They are small enough to fit a 1 lb baby (Michael's size).  I can't even imagine how difficult they must have been to sew!  What a special way to remember and honor Michael on his one year mark.

Thank you mom, I know that whoever receives these outfits will be so incredibly grateful!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! And what a great idea... something I never would have thought of, but must mean so much to those who receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. your mom is such a wonderful woman.. i see where you get it from!! what a beautiful way to honor the babies that are in arms for only a short time. i love the way you and your family has found ways to give back, it really is inspiring.

    p.s. hope tiny man is alright!! let me know when little guy wants to come play..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way to order one of these? My sweet cousin just lost her little boy at 24 weeks. Thanks, Laynie

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs