Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don't you just love it...


... when your fire alarm decides to run out of battery power at 3 AM, causing it to tease you with an "almost beep" every 2 minutes or so?  Why is it that they never happen to run out of battery during a sane time of day?  I swear it's always between 2 AM and 5 AM that they decide to torture us out of our beds to change the battery.

Last night was killer.  It was, as my brother put it, as though all the elements were working together to prepare me for a newborn.  Not only did the fire alarm do it's thing but we had insane winds causing our vinyl fence out back to squeak and creak all night long.  Poor Little Guy woke up with a bad dream.  My contractions decided to kick it up a notch and my bladder decided it couldn't hold anything more than a few drops of water at a time.  By the time I was finally drifting off to sleep, the hubs' alarm went off.

Last night really was quite humorous.  It reminded me that sleep is a rare luxury when you are a mom, and is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make.  Especially when my 3-year old comes up to me in the morning, gives me a big snuggle and says "Mom, I so wuv you".

I so wuv you too Little Guy!  Bring on the sleep deprivation!

5 comments:

  1. How sad, Hilary. I hope you can nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a night...
    Hope the next one will be better for you and you can squeeze in some nap time today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh seriously. Our fire alarms decided to GO OFF in the middle of the night. We're pretty sure a bug crawled over it to set them off... All of us were awake! Hope you're getting a nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh! That happened to me two nights ago! Two fire alarms in the hallway went off first. After Todd smashed those and went back to bed, we were abruptly woken up by our bedroom alarm! Really? Really??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is something that happens to me every year, usually when I am alone, without batteries or husband to run and get some. I am thinking about you, due date is getting closer.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs