Friday, October 15, 2010

Chipmunks, Giraffes and Hippos

{pictures via flickr}

I realized last night that I have a few things in common with chipmunks, giraffes and hippos. What are those things you ask? Allow me to elaborate.

Chipmunk :: I officially have what some people call the "moon face" of pregnancy. My cheeks have filled out nicely and my face has gone from it's oblong shape into a perfect circle. I look like I am storing nuts in my cheeks for the winter.

Giraffe :: Of the past 16 months, I have been pregnant for 13 of them. By the time this little man makes his big debut, it will have been a total of 14. Giraffe's have a gestation period of 14 months and even though I had a 3 month break in between, I still feel like I can relate a little.

Hippo :: All I can say about this one is that I occasionally hear Moto Moto in the background when I walk past my reflection and glance at my hind side. I have definitely packed some junk in the trunk this pregnancy, if ya know what I mean.

I suppose if there was a chiraffippo then that is what I would be!

Despite these minor things I must say how much I love carrying this little babe.  I feel so blessed to have been given a second chance of sorts.  After we lost Michael I wasn't sure if I would be able to get pregnant again.  I was terrified and had to cling to my hope and faith that things would be alright.  It is definitely a reaffirmation to me of how good life is.  Despite the sorrows and hardships we must endure, there are so many blessings that come our way as we continue forward and for that I am grateful.

39 days to go.

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I am SURE you do not look at all like you are portraying yourself; but, I do understand how you feel! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary, you are hilarious! When you were at BYU-I and prego., you were the cutest prego. girl out there. I am sure it is a little different, this being your third pregnancy, but I can't imagine much. You've got rockstar genes. ;) Meaning you'll always be thin and gorgeous! Your comparisons were too funny! Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look like I am storing nuts in my cheeks for the winter.


    This made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you are too funny!!!! That post just totally made my day! And I'm sure you are exaggerating just a little bit on your looks! You look fantastic in all the pictures you have posted!!! I'm so excited for you and your family to be able to welcome this lil' guy in a short while!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To speak as someone who has seen Hilary recently...she looks beautiful and thin and is glowing. Don't be fooled. None of this is true. :) Silly, Hilary. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I ALWAYS look like I'm storing nuts in my cheeks for the winter (round face and chubby cheeks since birth), so when I'm pregnant... maybe cantaloupes would be a more fitting word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilary, you don't have any clue what it means to have a round face and junk in the trunk! Imagine already having these characteristics and THEN getting pregnant! I don't even want to hear it! You look amazing!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHA, this post made me laugh, I SO could relate :) You are too cute. Can't wait to see pictures of your little babe when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so excited for you! :) i am looking forward to having a little one of my own

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs