Wednesday, September 29, 2010

32 Weeks and 1 Day


I hit the 32 week mark yesterday and can hardly believe I only have 55 days to go.

I'll tell you what, this third trimester is sure making itself known.  I am almost tempted to say that first trimester morning sickness has nothing on third trimester hormones.  Almost.  I have been so emotional lately that my Little Guy now starts to fake cry and when I ask him why he is crying he just says "because".  Oh boy.  Not only have I been emotional but I have been down right grouchy and I've had it!  It's not me to be a grouch so I'm determined to beat these hormones.

I embrace the Braxton Hicks contractions that I have several times a day (sometimes several times an hour).  They scared me at first because I never really had them when I was pregnant with Little Guy.  I wasn't sure if it was normal.  But now it is just exciting to know that my body is preparing for the 'big day'.

This little man is still a mover, just like his big brother was.  He really loves to show off starting every night at 11:00 PM, right when I have finally settled down and/or drifted off to sleep.  He often wakes me up with his power kicks and I can't help but smile.

We have one last hurrah of a vacation before I have this baby as well as Little Guy's big birthday bash this weekend.  The anticipation is killing both him and me.  He wakes up each morning and asks "Is it my birthday today?!"  He is very excited for his special day this year, which makes it even more exciting for his daddy and I as well.  I have loved watching him grow from a baby into a full blown toddler, I just can't believe how fast it has all gone.

I may be MIA over the next little while as we deal with our busy schedule, but hope to pop in with some updates soon!

p.s.  I will be tuning into General Conference this weekend amidst the big birthday celebration, and hope you will do the same!  It is sure to be wonderful.

14 comments:

  1. You and I are due within days! How fun- you look great! I'm with ya on the braxton hicks- they suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL shots, hil. i love the curls and that belly of yours. you are too cute. hope the big celebration is a happy one. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well well.. aren't you just the cutest pregnant girl I know! Trust me, I work in xray and we do a lot of OB US and you are adorable! I'm jealous! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the cutest pregnant lady ever. you just glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking FANTASTIC Hilary!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of this new little guy in a short while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so exciting that you're getting so close to being able to hold your little one in your arms!

    And Happy Birthday to Little Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable pictures! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty little mama....you are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great. and your curls are super cute! you should share your product secrets with me as i'm always looking for something that doesn't make my curls crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great Hil!! I can't believe how tiny you are! I totally agree with you about the third trimester...I had those braxton hicks for like a month being really strong some days and I got so sick of it. I, like you never had them with my first little guy so I was a little nervous at first and actually went to the hospital in the middle of the night because it hurt so bad. Not a fan of those, but I totally can't wait to see pics of your new little guy...Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are looking great Hil! I can totally relate to being a little more emotional as of late:) Except I think that I am a little more scatter-brained this time around:) Hang in there! Your in the home stretch now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are adorable!

    wow. trimester 3 is really not sounding like fun. be tough! you get your body back soon! maybe not your sleep, but at least your body!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs