Sunday, August 22, 2010

Anniversary Recap

While at my parent's house we were able to go out and celebrate our 5th anniversary (a bit early).  They watched our Little Guy and told us to go have some fun.  So, that is just what we did!  We went shopping, ate at our favorite Thai restaurant, splurged on some yummy frozen yogurt and went to a movie*.  

It was so nice to spend the evening with Jer.  We kept it low key this year by not buying each other gifts.  The time we were able to spend with each other was way better than any gift anyway.  We talked, laughed, reminisced and planned.

I was surprised even more when on our actual anniversary he told me he had found a babysitter for us so that we could go out again.  Two dates in one week!  That's a record.  I thought he was going golfing with some of his buddies at work, but instead we were able to go to dinner and ice cream once more.

It was a very happy 5th.

We have been playing catch up ever since we arrived home.  Stay tuned this week for a few recaps of our trip to the south as well as the adorable blankets we made with this fabric.

*We saw "Inception" and I highly recommend it.  When we walked out of the theater the only words that were able to come out of our mouths were "Holy. Crap."  We loved it.

4 comments:

  1. We loved Inception too! Awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I LOVE Krave in St. George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my town!! I have never remembered how I ever came across your blog. Now that I see where your parents live maybe we have a like mutual friend. Krave is my husbands favorite at the moment. A good family baby-sitter always equals a nice relaxing night out. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 5 years!!

    And I haven't seen Inception yet, but I want too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs