Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marta's How-to Series

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed the cute little How-To Series button hosted by Marta Writes over on my sidebar, but for those who haven't clicked over, do it now.  The adorable Marta is at it again with a really great series for this summer.  I love that she is "celebrating the stuff we know".  You will find anything from "How-to Cut a Cake" to "How-to Survive Swimsuit Season".  All excellent advice and helpful tips.

Marta was kind enough to include little ol' me in this series.  You can find my post on "How-to Cope With the Loss of a Baby" over there today.  I wish I could have done a fun topic like "How-to Frost a Cupcake" or "How-to Pick the Best Sno-cone Shack", but I felt strongly about the topic I chose.  I know there are so many out there who have been through a similar experience to both mine and Marta's.  Hopefully by sharing the things I have learned (and continue to learn) will allow other women to relate.

Thanks Marta, for having me over on your wonderful blog today!

7 comments:

  1. Very touching Hil! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilary.. thanks again for pouring your heart into such a heartfelt post. i truly appreciate your willingness to participate. i don't know anyone who could have written it as eloquently as you did! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary, your post is wonderfully writen even thought the topic is a rather sad one.

    I think your tips for the ones who know someone who lost a child are very helpful. It is so hard to find the right words because there are none I guess. Sometimes I tend to not say anything but than I think - no, that's not the right way. I want to show that I care and so I offer an open ear, some help or just a hug.

    Now I am sending some hugs your way. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post. Your advice to both those who have experienced a loss and to those who know someone who has is so valuable, and it was beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs