Friday, June 4, 2010

Movie Update

I took little guy to "How to Train Your Dragon" yesterday.  Let me just start by saying it is a great show!  I enjoyed every minute of it.  The story is wonderful and the lesson it teaches is inspiring.  It is a good one for all ages (minus a few scary scenes with fighting dragons).

When we got to the movie theater, we were the very first ones there.  They had to unlock the doors for us.  We were only about 15 minutes early, and I wanted it to be that way so that Little Guy could get all of his exploring done before the movie started.  We got our tickets (Little Guy was free which was an extra bonus!) and made our way to the concession counter.

We forked out $8 (ouch) for the biggest bucket of popcorn they had.  I wasn't about to run out of popcorn and have Little Guy wanting more half way through the movie.  We only ended up eating 1/4 of it, but it was a good safety cover.  Luckily, we were able to put everything on some gift cards we had received over two years ago (we don't go to the movies very often...) so I didn't feel too bad about it.

We then meandered down the hallway to our theater.  Little Guy was in awe of all the lights and the tall ceilings.  We sat down in our seats a few minutes before the previews started.  This was a bad idea!  I think the next time we try to sit down right as the movie is starting, after the previews.  They didn't keep Little Guy's attention which threw him off for the rest of the time.

He didn't do too bad, but only sat still watching the movie for about 15 minutes at a time.  Then he would get up, play with the chairs, cup holders and lights on the floor.  Luckily there was only one other family in the theater with us, with twin boys about Little Guy's age.  I probably would have stressed more about it if there had been more people.

The worst part was when he lost his shoe.  I was down on my hands and knees searching for it using the pathetic light of my cell phone.  I didn't find it until the movie was over and it ended up being under a seat in the row in front of us.  Go figure.

Overall, it was a fun experience, but we probably won't do it again any time soon.  Movies just don't captivate Little Guy's attention.  He'd rather be outside running and playing at the park.  I can't blame him but just wish the weather here would cooperate!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and tips yesterday, they really were helpful.

3 comments:

  1. cute bangs. i'd like to know how you take a self portrait with that big camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it went well Hil. I am so glad. ( paying popcorn at the movies is an ouch for sure) I am so cheap, I always get a big purse and bring popcorn from home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am REALLY tempted to take brennan to toy story 3 next month when it comes out. or is it this month? i think he would love it, and he sits through an entire movie at home without any treats or popcorn. i think it would be so fun, and you're bravery is giving me some;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs