Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm back.

Hello all.  I have been away in paradise for the week.  My parents house is always such a wonderful retreat and if I'm being honest, I'm a bit sad to be back in our little apartment.  However, it is so good to be back with the hubs again.  We missed him lots.

My camera was dead the whole week, so all the pictures that were taken are currently sitting in my mom's memory card.  If she is able to figure out how to email them to me (which she will be able to, because she is awesome like that) I'll have to share a few. 

My heart is heavy tonight, and has been for the last few days.  News from a dear friend has reminded me of life's difficult trials and abundant blessings.  I can't help but think about why such awful things happen to such wonderful people.  My prayers and thoughts have been consumed with her and her sweet family.

I do have some fun things planned for this week.  I am currently writing a couple of guest posts and have an awesome new playlist from a special guest that will be posted soon.  But for now, I wanted to share this video as a reminder to myself, my dear friend and to us all that when hard times come there are good things to come.

10 comments:

  1. I love this video clip. It made me cry. Don't you love escaping from life for a bit to go back home? It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful message, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched that video just the other day. Such a wonderful message. I'm glad you had such a great week with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you had a good time with your family. We are spending a week with ours next week and I can't wait! I'm sorry about your friend... I don't know what she is going through (I'm assuming I know who you are talking about because I read her blog too). Please let me know if there is anything I can do. She's lucky to have good friends like you to bear her up in whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was wonderful. I love when you post these. I suppose I should subscribe to Mormon Messages myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hil: We have missed you guys. My heart is sad for Marta - If you hear from her, please give her my love. Remember you both are in my prayers and I feel sad when I know that you are sad. If I can help in any way. let me know You are a great friend to her and She's so lucky to have you. love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. used that for fhe last week. brennan stood there watching it the entire time on the computer. THAT in itself was paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Hil. You're such a sweet friend, and we're all so lucky that you're such a sweet blogger too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful message, thanks Hil for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you. thank you, hil. i am just now catching up on blogs and this post made me smile. i appreciate you so much. i just knew you were the one i could lean on, i knew you wouldn't mind too much if i called during your fun trip. thanks for being so supportive and loving. you are an incredible friend. see you soon. xo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs