Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hil's Summer Music :: Country Style

I love music in the summertime.  I always laugh at people who have their windows down and share their music with the whole world as they drive.  However, I do enjoy driving with the windows down and my music up every now and then.

There's just something special that happens to music in the summertime.  I have therefore decided to create a Summer Music Series where I will be putting together fun mixes to enjoy throughout the summer.

To start out, I wanted to do a country mix.  Country isn't everyone's favorite, I realize this.  In fact, Jon, if you are reading this please feel free to just skip this post as I do not want to trigger any gag reflexes.  But in my defense, country music is the heart and soul of this country and with the 4th of July coming up, I thought it was only fitting.  I have liked country music when liking country music was cool and when it wasn't.  I suppose I can get away with it since I live in a somewhat rural part of the country where State Fairs are still the highlight of the summer.

So, without further ado, here is your Summertime Country Music List:

CAUTION: serious twang ahead

1. Hicktown  -  Jason Aldean
2. Firecracker  -  Josh Turner
3. Lover, Lover  -  Jerrod Neimann
4. Rain is a Good Thing  -  Luke Bryan
5. Cowboy Cassanova  -  Carrie Underwood
6. Guys Like Me  -  Eric Church
7. These Are My People  -  Rodney Atkins
8. Keep On Loving You  -  Steel Magnolia
9. I Got A Feelin'  -  Billy Currington
10. Why Don't We Just Dance  -  Josh Turner
11. Chicken Fried  -  Zac Brown Band
12. Something Like That  -  Tim McGraw
13. Lookin' For A Good Time  -  Lady Antebellum
14. American Saturday Night  -  Brad Paisley
15. Good Directions  -  Billy Currington
16. I'm Only Me When I'm With You  -  Taylor Swift
17. Me and Charlie Talking  -  Miranda Lambert
18. Gimme That Girl  -  Joe Nichols
19. It's America  -  Rodney Atkins
20. Ladies Love Country Boys  -  Trace Adkins
21. She's Country  -  Jason Aldean
22. Country Man  -  Luke Bryan*



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


*wasn't available on playlist.com.. but check it out as it is my favorite one on the list.

Feel free to add your favorites to the list! I'd love to hear what you're listening to this summer.

p.s. today is the last day to enter the giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. exactly what i need to get myself in gear with my new country music fetish. thank you so much. i hope you've heard The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert, makes me cry. i just love it.

    p.s. thanks for the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile by Uncle Kracker is a new favorite.

    I grew up on country music, so it is my favorite. Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the premade list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something Like That by Tim McGraw is the best summer-time country song ever! LOVE that song. Great playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little girl sings Rain is a good thing and it just cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs