Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sink-o de Mayo


It's official.  We made it through Cinco de Mayo with my husband telling his favorite joke only twice this year. What joke would that be?  It goes like this:

Do you know why they call it Cinco de Mayo? Because on this day many years ago there was a ship that was carrying a big load of Mayonnaise to Mexico. Mexicans love their mayo so they were excited and couldn't wait for the white goodness to arrive. Well, it was this day that the ship full of Mayo sunk.

Sink-o de Mayo.

I hope I don't lose any readers over that joke. If I do, I understand. At least you only had to hear it once. Imagine hearing it several times each fifth day of May. Good thing I love that man, and laugh each time he tells it.

We splurged and went to Cafe Rio to celebrate (since I had just recently made a mexican meal a few days before).  There is something about their Pork Barbacoa that is just so tasty.  My mom makes a pretty good copy cat version of the stuff and it is heavenly also.

Little guy had a cheese quesadilla, but only ate about 1/4 of it due to not feeling well.  The poor guy has caught a cold.  Of course he has.  I am pregnant, so that means he has to get sick.  After all, it's not a pregnancy for me if I don't have some sort of nasty cold/flu first.  He was up several times last night and I have a feeling there will be no nap today.  It's always so frustrating to try and sleep with a stuffy/runny nose.  We will be spending the next few days sipping juice and watching Elmo.  The only way we know how to recuperate.

4 comments:

  1. That salad is a favorite around here as well. I'm officially cafe-rioed out because Jason loved it so much. Your's looks rather tasty, though. Maybe I'll try it again.

    Poor little guy! I hope he gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hil, did your husband make up that joke? My husband is mexican and I haven't hear it before, the joke or the love for mayo. At least you only have to listen to it twise a year LOL. I hope you and little guy feel better, Elmo will be a big help.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope little guy feels better very soon. I know how hard it feels to sleep with a stuffy nose. Having the same problem right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Cafe' Rio! Suddenly, I'm VERY hungry.

    Hope everyone starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs