Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bitter. Sweet.


But mostly sweet.

We went out to the cemetery to visit Michael's grave today.  It was one thing I really wanted to do this Mother's Day.  The only way I could think to be with both of my boys.

It was bittersweet.  As I held Little Guy close to me and thanked my Father in Heaven for him and the new little one growing inside, I ached for my baby in heaven.  I can't help but think about the day when we will be able to see our little Michael again and be reunited as a family.


Once again, it is hope that gets me through.

6 comments:

  1. You're such a good mom, Hilary. Michael and your Little Guy are blessed to be your sons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day, Hilary! I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. Micheal is a perfect little reminder to you family of where to want to be someday. My brother passed away. It changed the way my parents raised us. They want to live worthy to be where he is. Sweet/special post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great mother's day - despite the accident and such. Beautiful sky in the bottom picture - looks like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. I hope you have a great mother's day. You clearly deserve it. I can't imagine that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs