Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Simplify.



I have recently deleted my Twitter and Formspring accounts.  I decided to get rid of some of the virtual reality in my life in hopes of gaining more real reality.

These days, I think there are always things that we can weed out of our lives to make it just a little more simple.  Getting rid of these two things has definitely helped simplify things for me.  I felt a huge weight that was lifted once I clicked the "deactivate account" button.  A weight that I didn't even realize was there!

You can still find me here, on my blog, and you can always email me by clicking the link to the right if you ever have any questions.

Thanks to all who followed me on Twitter and asked questions on Formspring!

5 comments:

  1. I recently went on a deleting splurge, leaving me 1 blog and a facebook page (which my husband and I share) I make certain that we go a few days every month with NO technology at all. My 5 year old thinks I'm crazy but it has made me feel like a better Mother. Not a Supermom who handles it all, but a Mother. Like my own Mother, who would have LOVED an internet full of other women to talk to, but instead was spending REAL life (the slower but closer kind) with ME. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about this. I think this is a great idea. Way to go. I know you and I will be so grateful in 20 years that we made this decision now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand and applaud you for your decision. I've had to do very similar things over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you Hil, I have been thinking about doing the same, I am not good at it any way! I am not a happy camper with certain questions.Since I am always so busy, I rather spend time playing with my little girl than telling people what I am eating.
    I am looking forward to keep reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Hil. It is always important to re-center your life from time to time. I'm impressed with your assertive attitude about the situation.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs