Monday, April 12, 2010

A Letter to My Baby - Due


Michael,

Well it's official.  I survived your due date!  It wasn't nearly as awful as I had expected.  Possibly because I was surrounded by your dad and big brother.  We received the memory book I put together for you just a day or two after and took a look through it.  It reminded us of those sweet tender moments we were able to share with you for that short amount of time after your birth.

Little Guy saw the pictures of you for the first time in a long time and said "oohhhh, cute baby."  We told him that they were pictures of you, his brother, and he kissed the picture.  It was a very sweet moment.

I have learned so much through this time of healing.  I have felt the true depth of sorrow and yet have been lifted up to such great heights of joy as I think of how blessed we truly are.

I have had several women contact me these past months, sharing their own stories that are all too similar to ours.  My heart goes out to each one of them and I include them in my prayers each night.  

Thank you for teaching me compassion, strength, love and understanding.

I love you Michael!

With Love for Eternity,
Your Mommy

8 comments:

  1. This is a sweet letter, Hil. I've been thinking about you a lot with Michael's upcoming due date. I'm glad you were surrounded by your loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hil, I have been thinking about you because I knew the due date was coming up. Your letter is very sweet,it been a long journey for you these past months.God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Michael, for teaching your mother compassion, strength, love, and understanding...that she would share it with us all who know too well the journey she went on with you...that she would serve as a model of each of those qualities for those of us seeking the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet book, hil. we've all had you in our hearts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. I am glad you made it through. I can't imagine anything harder. thanks for sharing this so we can learn and grow with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing, Hilary. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post, and what a beautiful book. You're a good lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I remember that marker (my due date was March 12)! I still feel almost like I'm back at square one- like now is harder than then because it's different and the shock is all gone. It just you and your raw emotions all by your lonesome. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs