Monday, March 8, 2010

They are HERE!


At long last, they are here.  I find myself waiting for this time each year to come so that I can replenish my stash of Thin Mints.  My husband's cookie of choice is the Samoas and Little Guy likes the Tagalongs.  We got two boxes of each this last weekend and will probably have to go back for more by the time this next weekend comes around.

I do love me some Girl Scout Cookies.

In other news we had our first baby blessing yesterday, since losing Michael.  Ouch.  That one hurt the heart.  Luckily (and I never thought I would say this) Little Guy was acting up so I had to take him out in the hall during the blessing.  Otherwise, I'm sure I would have lost it right then and there with the sobs.

We went out for a little visit to Michael's grave yesterday after church.  The sun has been shining and we were curious as to whether the snow had melted around where he was.  It hadn't.  There is still a foot of snow on that hill!  I can't wait for springtime when it is warm enough for us to finally place his headstone.

This week is a busy one.  We have our Relief Society Birthday bash on Wednesday and I have 80+ cupcakes to decorate.  Wish me luck!

I hope you are all enjoying a little sunshine.

3 comments:

  1. We bought one box of cookies this year. (Can you believe my self control?? I can't...)

    Good luck with the enrichment. I can't say that I miss being on that committee. I can't wait to go and enjoy without worrying about the food or how many tables to put up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thin Mints are my favorites, too. Enjoy them =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh by the way... I just found a recipe for Thin Mints. I defenitely wanna try it as I can't get them here in Germany. As they are your favorite too... I thought you might like the recipe as well.
    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001370.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs