Friday, March 19, 2010

One Day Without Shoes



Yesterday I received an email asking me to register at One Day Without Shoes.com.  I did and pledged to go barefoot on April 8th.  It also entered me in the contest to win a spot on a TOMS shoe drop.  How life changing would that be?  I think you should register too.

I received my first pair of TOMS shoes for Christmas from my brother. He gave me a gift card so that I was able to pick out my favorite pair. I was giddy over my shoes and couldn't wait for them to arrive in the mail. They are the most comfortable shoes I own.  I already have plans for a second and third pair, just in time for summer!

I absolutely admire TOMS One for One movement.  For every pair of TOMS that you purchase, they donate a pair to a child in need.  It's truly an amazing thing what these people do.  I can't help but feel good inside as I think of that child somewhere around the world who has a brand new pair of shoes because of my purchase.  I'm sure they were 100x more giddy over their shoes then I was.  It puts a smile on my face!

Head on over and register and be sure to check to see if there is an event near you.

6 comments:

  1. cool. i am going to have to check this out. am still craving a TOM pair of my own. those glitteries are lovelies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Hilary! I will definitely check this out. You already know how much I love my TOMS and those yellow ones are on my wishlist for pair #2 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the coolest thing ever! i've already signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got my first pair of toms a few months ago! i love them! they really are so comfortable...i would love the glittery ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing!
    i've had my heart set on a pair of toms for a while now...
    this is just what i needed to justify the purchase!

    lovely blog--it's wonderful to meet you, hil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! Good luck in your day without shoes endeavor. I love the mission of TOMS shoes but, I have to be honest, I haven't gotten a pair yet because there aren't any that are attractive to me. That's awful, isn't it? I'm off to search their website again! You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs