Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Babies, babies, babies...

{image via google images}

It's child baring time in these parts.  I know I have already mentioned that tons of women I know are either pregnant or have a newborn, but it's true!

Spring is such a fun time for babies to arrive.  This time of year is a rebirth of sorts.  Browns and grays are replaced with yellow sunshine, red berries, green grass, purple flowers, and blue skies.  It is totally fitting to have new babies come in the spring time.

Today I will be making meals for friends who recently had babies and putting the finishing touches on a few baby announcements.  Tomorrow my friend - who shared the same due date with me - will be having her baby boy.  (Her due date was moved closer half way through her pregnancy.)  I am so excited for her.

Speaking of my former due date, I'm trying to think of something special to do on that day.  It is coming up soon and I want to be armed and ready for it.  Any ideas would be welcomed!

5 comments:

  1. This is a hard time for a grieving mom, that's for sure. I hated that I lost my baby in the springtime because I was surrounded by new life. All the little baby lambs and calfs driving down i15, not fun. What we did on my due date was go on an awesome drive through some National Parks. We bought fruit on a roadside stand and I just listened to good music and knit in the car. Then we went to a nice restaurant for dinner. It was just a nice day spent with my two boys, and I really enjoyed it. It turned into a happy peaceful day instead of a sad one. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you through this next little while. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day of service always helps me turn a sad day into a happy one. Perhaps a food bank or if your son likes animals some SPCA's and Animal shelters look for volunteers to take a dog for a walk.

    Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so sweet to everyone hilary! i think a drive to jackson hole would be fun or a special night out while i watch your little guy. please ask, you know you have a handful of iou's waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about everyone is pregnant. I can only imagine how that feels for you.
    Doing something special on that day sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Hillary. I popped over from Marta's blog because it seems you are local, and hooray, you are! your little slice of blogosphere is lovely. I wish I had a beautiful idea for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs