Friday, March 26, 2010

Awesomeness in Motherhood

Somedays it's okay to have a cupcake at 9:30am.

Not necessarily because you are mad or glad or sad, but because you can.

It may, however, have something to do with the fact that you have been up since 7:00am and your child is still snoozing away and you can't help but wonder why you aren't still cozied up in your bed.

It may also have something to do with the lack of sleep you are living with due to said child falling out of bed last night around 1:00am and then waking up once more at 5:30am.

But probably not.

You probably just ate the cupcake because you can.

p.s. Cake mix from the box and frosting out of the can alert!  Go ahead, judge me but Funfetti is my favorite.

Post Update: Just found out that I won this book from cute Kathia over at Pink Little Cake.  No more boxed cakes for me!  Check out her site if you haven't already.. she is incredibly talented.  My Little Guy would wet his pants if he saw the Elmo cookies she posted today.

15 comments:

  1. hehe. Good on your little guy for sleeping so dang long. I was proud of C for sleeping until 8:00 this morning. I think i'd die and go to heaven if I could get him to sleep until 9:30.

    Once you go to from-scratch cakes, you'll never go back. Have fun with that darling new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the funfetti. It's my absolute favorite too. It's always my husbands #1 request when his birthday rolls around. What makes it so awesome!?

    Also, I think your aunt's hats are absolutely beautiful, what a way to bring meaning and celebrate Michael's life. I'm a PICU nurse and I know how much it means to families to receive these thoughtful gifts. They appreciate your giving so so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Hannah's comment on never going back once you bake from scratch. Congrats on winning that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats my favorite too! and its bot funfetti! its Rainbow Chip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cake mix from a box? and you're blogging about it?? **gasp**

    i may or may not eat funfetti frosting straight from the can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hil, I am so happy you won the book, I can't wait for you to try baking from scratch, you will love it.Thank you for your sweet words about my little blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funfetti is like the traditional favorite with Kyle and all his brothers-- it's pretty funny. Cade, as a matter of fact, asked me to make funfetti cupcakes for his birthday party so I guess it's in the blood.

    Don't worry, you don't need ANY validation from me to eat any form of cake in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps I hope you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, pardon. I just read through the comments. I retract funfetti (though I SWEAR that's the name!) and hereby replace it with Rainbow Chip. hehe. k, I'll stop commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no shame in mix + premade frosting. it tastes to good to not indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. there is a funfetti cake mix! sorry- but the frosting she has on that picture is Rainbow Chip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your not going to believe this but I have a cupcake sitting on my counter and I have been debating eating it or not! (its 9am!) guess moms just need there cupcakes! :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funfetti is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just bought a box of funfetti inspired by this post. can't wait to make 'em for easter. wishing you a happy roadtrip. you aren't missing much here, except for buckets of snow!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs