Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We're home.


We are home from our week stay down south.  It was wonderful and a much needed break from this frozen tundra.  Little Guy and I had fun playing, shopping, sleeping, laughing and being with family (even though the poor guy was sick the entire week!)  I missed my husband like crazy, but he stayed behind to be the responsible adult with work and school.

The first thing I did when I got home (after giving my hubby a big smooch) was throw my new towels in to wash and hung my new shower curtain.  I really love the change and it now has me thinking about what other rooms I can revamp.

I have been catching up with the blogs in my reader and came across this beautiful post.  I absolutely love the quote Natalie has posted:

"Indeed, there are times when the only way the path can be followed is on one's knees." - Neil A. Maxwell.

It has got me thinking about my Michael tonight, as many things just seem to do.  I have thought about how the  experience has brought me to my knees so many times, not knowing where else to go.  Being on my knees has brought great comfort during times of heartache and sadness.  It has allowed me to express gratitude in times when tender mercies were granted.  It has made me stand a little taller.  It has helped me feel my Father's love.  It has made me feel closer to the son who is no longer with me.

Most importantly, it has made me realize just how close Heaven really is.

I'm so excited that it is finally February.  I have been planning something for this month ever since we found out about Michael's heart condition and can't wait to finally get it started.  I will be revealing it in the next few days but first I must get caught up on the mountains of laundry from our trip.  Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you every day. So many kisses, N

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, super cute. have been thinking about new towels since we talked at bunco!! glad you got home safe and sound.

    happy february.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Hil! Those towels are super cute and I can't wait to hear what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute new bathroom stuff! I am headed to S.G. in 2 weeks and I can not wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Neal A. Maxwell. That quote will stay with me:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs