Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Little Guy

While we were waiting in line at the drive-thru last night, I looked back at my Little Guy who had been a broken record with his questions the whole drive there.  "Where we going, mommy?"  "Where we going, daddy?" "What you doing, mommy?" "What you doing, daddy?"  Over and over again.  It didn't matter how many times we answered with "We are going to get ice cream", the same questions just kept coming.  I guess he had decided not to believe us until he saw it with his own eyes.

There was a second, however, where he was quiet.  I looked back to see him smiling to himself.  In that second, I looked at my little boy who, no matter how much I didn't want to believe it, was growing up.  I had one of those moments where I couldn't believe how big my Little Guy was getting to be.  He is his own little person.  He has his own little quirks, habits, sense of humor, favorite foods, phrases, bedtime routine and thoughts.  I wondered what he was thinking to himself as he smiled.  I'm willing to bet it had something to do with thinking about the ice cream he was soon going to devour.

My heart was full as I thought about how much I love my little buddy.  He is tender hearted, always concerned about me and others around him.  He is stubborn, my husband claims this comes from me.  He is independent, we have officially entered the "I do it!" stage.  He is hilarious, he's always trying to find a way to make us laugh.  He is loving, gives us hugs and kisses out of the blue and replies "love you too" before bed every night.  He is adorable. Those blue eyes, that button nose, the squishy cheeks and protruding teeth get me every time.

He is such a blessing to me and has helped me through days when I wasn't sure if I could deal with the pain of losing Michael.  He is always there with a big smile and his blocks or crayons asking if I want to play.  He gives me hugs when he thinks I need one.  He distracts me from feeling sorry for myself and reminds me of just how blessed I am.


I love my Little Guy and am so grateful for him in my life.

5 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous words from an amazing mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovable little charmer. he is so adorable. your post rings true, i think that is what no one prepares you for, how fast they grow!!

    it sounds like you are making the most of every moment with him. such a cutie, benj can't wait to come and play today.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable, I think he is the same age as my Cami.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so amazing to see how fast these little kids grow.

    For me it's happy AND sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me tear up. i sure love caleb and am sad he is growing up so quickly! I wish I could be with him more. you are making me baby hungry!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs