Friday, February 5, 2010

Michael's Big Heart


Ever since we found out our little Michael had what is called Ebstein's Anomaly I have searched the internet high and low for information on the condition.  It is such a rare heart condition that there isn't much information out there about it and not even our doctor at Primary Children's could tell us much about how or why Michael had it.

We only knew the name of Michael's heart condition for less than a week before we lost him.  This meant that I didn't have a whole lot of time to research before being thrown into the most heart wrenching experience of my life.  It wasn't until several weeks later that I remembered a site that I had found during that week of researching.

The site I had came across was for the Ebstein's Anomaly Foundation, a foundation who says:

"We will accomplish our goals by funding research to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of this rare congenital defect. Each year, we fund the most promising research under the direction of our Advisory Board. Our advisor will be doctors and institutions who are dealing with Ebstein's cases as well as other congenital heart defects on a daily bases."

I wanted to donate every last penny of my savings toward this foundation to provide more hope for Ebstein's patients in the future.  Unfortunately, medical bills from Primary Children's, the hospital where Michael was delivered, the doctor and the echocardiograms were arriving in piles.  So, I had to get creative on how to help this foundation.

I came up with the idea of creating one of my premade templates and dedicating it to my sweet Michael.  Each time Michael's Big Heart Template is purchased, 100% of the earnings will go towards the Ebstein's Anomaly Foundation.

Also, for the month of February (since it is the month for hearts), 20% of all premade template orders will go towards the foundation.

You can purchase the template here.

If you would rather just donate to the foundation than purchase the template, you can do so here.

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet of you, Hilary! You are such a generous, good person. What a great way to memorialize your Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Hilary, what a wonderful idea! I seriously love this and can't wait to tell everyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way to honor your michael and help others. I believe that creating a legacy for those we lost is an important step in our own mending.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to raise some money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary!! I am so glad you stumbled upon my blog! Stef told me about your blog a few weeks ago, so I have been checking it out! You are so talented in your blog design and creative with your posts! I love the sincerity that comes through with your posts and appreciate you sharing so much with us all. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilary, I saw your comment on the Stakers blog and just wanted you to know that I know...I mean seriously know what you are going through, and you and your family will be added to our prayers.
    All our love the Jensen's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea to raise money. My son also has ebsteins, although his case is very mild. This week I am doing a series in his honor for CHD Awareness weeks, with posts from lots of other moms.
    http://3boys1hubbywhatnext.blogspot.com


    I am going to look around, because I also happen to be on the search for a new layout.

    Oh and I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really great idea. That's really sweet of you to turn your experience into something positive.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs