Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sweet Remembrances

One of the many things I have learned from my experience with losing Michael is how incredibly caring people are.  It never ceases to amaze me the kind acts that are done in behalf of our sweet little boy.

Over Christmas I received a package from Meg.  I was led to Meg's blog through my sister-in-law, who had told me about her friend's experience right after our visit with Primary Children's.  I read Meg's story just a few days before losing Michael.  She lost her sweet little boy, Clayton, at 21 weeks.  I remember reading her posts and sobbing uncontrollably, praying that I would not have to experience the heartache that that poor mother had gone through.  Little did I know that I would be going through that very experience just days later.  Meg is truly an inspiration and has been such an example to me.  After losing Clayton, she was diagnosed with cancer and after a long hard road is finally in remission.  Her strength is admirable.

Back to the package.  Meg has a little side business where she sews the most adorable family trees.  I have been in love with these from the first time I saw them.  Such a cute idea!  Well, Meg was sweet enough to make a tree just for Michael.  It brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart.  Thank you again Meg, I absolutely adore Michael's tree.









Then, tonight, I had two special visitors who brought with them an incredible dinner, complete with taco salad and the fluffiest lemon cheesecake I have ever had.  YUM.  They are both girls that I went to elementary, jr. high, and high school with.  I hadn't seen them in ages and it was so great to catch up with them both.  They both just recently had little babies within the last couple of months and are such great mommies.

Not only did they bring dinner with them, but a cute little gift bag.  As I opened it and pulled out what was inside I had to fight back the tears.  Inside was the most beautiful necklace with Michael's name and birth date.



I am so happy to have these things as little reminders of my sweet baby boy around my home and in my life.  I truly am touched by and grateful for these beautiful acts of kindness.  Thank you, thank you.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you have such sweet, thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gifts! I'm so happy that your family is surrounded by so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you like the necklace! It was great to see you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so sweet. I just love thoughtful people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Those are sweet ways to remember Michael! I love hearing stories about the goodness of people. By the way, I love your blog. It is one of my favorites to read. I get excited when I see that you have updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you like the tree. I was happy to make it for you. Hang in there Hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love family tree! I should get one of those! Um, our little boy was born prematurely at just twenty-six weeks gestation. He was beautiful and perfect, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, fingernails, and hair. His heart beat strongly for three days before he passed away quietly in my arms. He have twin brother, he is home with us. It a blessing to have him with us. I am still struggle emotions with his twin brother.

    http://ptltec.blogspot.com/2010/10/labor-and-delivery.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs