Monday, January 11, 2010

New Favorites for a New Year




::  Pink Fresh and Clean Perfume.  I picked my friend up for a girls night one night and when she got in the car a wave of smelly goodness hit my nose.  I asked her what she was wearing, and it happened to be this perfume.  It immediately went on my Christmas wish list.  It smelled wonderful!  I love wearing it.  It is just the right mix of subtle and awesome.

::  Old Navy Yoga Pants.  Old Navy was having an awesome sale on all of their activewear this weekend.  I picked up 2 pairs of yoga pants and some running capris.  I'm pretty sure my husband is going to regret ever allowing me to buy them as they will be the only pants I will wear from now on.  Talk about comfortable.

::  Lindsay Brin's Postnatal Boot Camp.  This was the main reason why I bought the yoga pants.  I have been doing this DVD for two weeks now, I will be starting week three this week.  I can't tell you how much I love it.  I am so completely uncoordinated when it comes to work out dvd's, but somehow I can actually keep up with this one and still feel like I got a great workout at the end of it.  Lindsay and I had a sort of product exchange when I designed her blog, and I am so glad we did!  Here's to losing all that baby weight...

::  Cuties Clementines.  I have gone through two bags of these already since the new year.  They are SO yummy and the perfect little snack to help curb your cravings for something sweet.

:: Arstid Table Lamps from IKEA.  We finally got bedside lamps for our bedroom after going 4 years without any.  The in-laws gave them to us for Christmas and I am absolutely in love.  It has been so nice to have them so that I can read to get sleepy while my husband snoozes away (he can fall asleep in 3 seconds flat, I on the other hand take about 30 to 60 minutes on a good night).

::  Skookies.  I love my skookie skillets!  My mom gave them to us for Christmas and we have already made good use of them.  Many of you asked what a skookie was after reading my New Years Eve post. They are a cookie baked in a skillet, topped with ice cream, caramel and fudge.  They are dangerously good... and addictive.  Aside from cookies, you can make mini pizza's and omelets in these babies.

::  My First Book of Mormon Stories.  Little Guy got this book for Christmas and has been obsessed with it ever since.  He walks around the house saying "Nephi" and "Alma" (which cracks me up) and always requests it before bedtime.  It does a wonderful job of summarizing stories from the Book of Mormon for little kids.  If you would like a copy of the adult version of this book, go here and scroll down to the bottom. It's one of my personal favorites.

::  Our bed.  This thing got a major upgrade this Christmas.  My husband's parents got us a 3-inch memory foam topper, which was heavenly just on it's own.  But then we also got a featherbed from my parents, which made it even more heavenly.  We now have to run and jump in order to get into our bed.  I love it so much I would be happy to just stay in it all day everyday.  Good thing I have a toddler to drag me out of it and keep me going.

2 comments:

  1. this skookie thing...I believe I must have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad one of my favorites is now yours. isn't lindsay awesome? that is my favorite dvd of hers since it was the first one i had and what whipped my bootie into shape after baby #2!

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs