Saturday, December 12, 2009

On my mind...

:: Can't wait for my hot date tonight with the hubs. We will be going to his company Christmas party where Collin Raye is performing. I plan on singing my heart out to "Love Me", "Little Rock", "I Think About You" and "That's My Story (and I'm stickin' to it)". It should be a fun evening. It will be the first time in a very long time that my husband and I have been out just the two of us.

:: Christmas is only 12 days 6 hours and 40 minutes away. This is the first year when I have been all done with my Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve. All the presents are wrapped and placed neatly under the tree. Christmas is so much fun with a toddler. He makes everything so magical. He saw the Big Man Himself yesterday at the mall and was so excited to just say "HI!!!". He also points out every single strand of Christmas lights we happen to drive past while in the car.

:: Thought these blogger's letters to Santa were hilarious.

:: I really need to start losing some of this weight. It's difficult because the last time I had a marshmallow belly from pregnancy I also had a cute baby to show off and distract people from my post-pregnancy weight. This time around I have nothing to show off or distract. I don't have any clothes that fit because they are either maternity or my clothes from before I got pregnant. As a result I haven't been wearing anything but sweats these past few weeks. Pathetic, I know. Good thing I am currently designing a blog for Lindsay Brin. I plan on getting her Post Natal Boot Camp asap.

:: Finished this book last night. It is a wonderful, comforting read for anyone who has lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death. I closed the book feeling very much at peace with our situation and with renewed faith and hope.

:: Realized that the quote "misery loves company" doesn't apply when going through such a tragic event as we did 2 weeks ago. The more women I hear who have suffered from the loss of a child, the more my heart aches for each of them.

:: Loving this reminder.

1 comment:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs