Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Four more days until Christmas. I am over the top excited for this year's festivities. We are busily preparing for the big trip, but I wanted to take some time to say Merry Christmas before I sign off for a while!

Christmas time means it's time to pull out all the traditions. I am big on keeping traditions from my childhood and my husbands. We put up our tree after Thanksgiving, open jammies on Christmas Eve, set out a plate of sugar cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, make my husband's favorite custard pie, watch "A Christmas Story", "Elf" and other classics, read the nativity story, drink lots of hot chocolate with extra whipped cream, etc. etc.

Some new traditions this year include sponsoring a little boy who would be Michael's same age from the giving tree at my husband's work. We also want to get a stocking for our sweet little boy that will hang with the rest of ours. Lastly, this will be the first year that Santa comes to visit Little Guy (he was too young the last couple years to really know what was going on, so we decided to skip that whole portion of Christmas). He is so excited to have Santa come and knows it means he also gets to see "duh", which is his little baby cousin Stella.

I am excited for all the festivities, but I am also trying to keep the true spirit of Christmas in my heart. I'm so grateful for the selfless life that the little babe in a manger led. His example and sacrifice was the best gift any of us could have ever received.

My heart is different this Christmas. It is aching for my baby Michael, yet so full of love. It will truly be a time for remembrance this year. But I have found so much comfort through my Savior and his atoning sacrifice. May we all live our lives a little better, love a little stronger, and give of ourselves a little more this Christmas season. Have a very merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hil, how I just adore you!! You are so good with words, everything you write is so beautifully put! It sounds like we have a lot of the same Christmas traditions. I hope this year is so much fun for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okk thanks so much for the comment! I have to tell you, that is the cutest idea for stockings! I didn't know what to do because we don't have a fireplace! I might have to steal that idea for next year!
    I am liking the hair, it's a good change. And like you said... "it always grows back!"
    I don't know if Shanny told you I was coming along, but I am so excited to come over and say hi! I hope you and your family are doing well and have a wonderful Holiday! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs