Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Year



Another year is on the horizon and I am once again sitting here in my sweats thinking about what I have accomplished and learned in the last twelve months. 2009 was a bittersweet year. As I look back on the events of the year, I can't help but be filled with gratitude for the things I learned.

:: because of the scary economic times our country saw this year, I find myself being even more grateful than usual that my husband still has a job.

:: being alone for 2 to 3 nights out of the week pays off. my husband got through yet another year of school, leaving only one more to go until he achieves his MBA.

:: two year olds are way too much fun and provide much laughter.

:: vacations are well worth the money spent and help create so many memories.

:: sometimes things don't happen on your time schedule. we were so blessed to be able to get pregnant after months of hoping.

:: there is so much to be learned through our trials and the trials of others.

:: there aren't many things in this life that you can do on your own.

:: life truly is a miracle.

:: I took good health for granted, until someone I love was not blessed with it.

:: it's okay to leave dishes in the sink, clothes in the dryer, the bed unmade and soap scum in the shower to spend time with your child. they grow up way too fast to miss those precious moments.

:: two new additions to our extended family makes it feel that more complete and reminds me just how special families are.

:: I don't have to be an excellent cook, just the fact that I try makes my husband happy.

:: sleep is definitely NOT over-rated, especially if I plan on being happy the next day.

:: through trials we are able to learn, grow and recommit to being a better person. we can find so much strength through prayer.

:: finding joy in everyday life makes me happy.

I was pregnant for five out of the twelve months. Those five months were full of joy, excitement and hope as we looked forward to welcoming another baby into our family. Though things didn't work out as planned, we still feel very blessed to have had that sweet baby with us for at least those five months this year. It has made me realize (once again) how important families are and grateful that we can be together forever.

2009 was a year of joy, sorrow, trials, learning and growth. Here's to 2010, I hope to carry what I have learned into the new year and continue to move forward collecting more experiences along the way.

Wishing you all a very happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, as always. I love you Hil

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post Hil. as always am in awe of your amazing strength and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the right words! How true it is about kids growing up to fast. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs