Monday, November 2, 2009

Taco Salad


Halloween night I made Taco Salad for dinner. I wanted to make something that would warm us all up after being outside trick or treating, and figured the beans, corn and lettuce in the meal would help us through the insane amounts of sugar that would be consumed.

This is such a super simple meal, but one of my absolute favorites, probably because I grew up eating it. It is a great meal to hurry and whip up if you ever have company over or if you want to take a meal to someone who could use it. It's usually the one I resort to anyway.

Beware, it makes A TON. I halved this recipe, ate it for two nights in a row (with visitors yesterday) and we still have some leftover in the fridge. That's why it is so perfect for big crowds or several meals. It also makes for a great freezer meal!

Enjoy!

Taco Salad
(makes a lot!)

2 lb. ground beef
2 onions (chopped)
2 pkg. taco seasoning
2 cans whole corn (don't drain)
2 cans kidney beans (drain)
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato sauce
2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes crushed

Brown ground beef with onions. Then add all ingredients in large pot. Heat until bubbling. Serve on top of Fritos chips. Top with grated cheese, sour cream, avocados and salad.

3 comments:

  1. Taco salad is so good. Now I'm starving. I need to get off the computer and make some..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to say i made this the other night and it was delisch. your recipes are the best. we had a mini fiesta!!

    p.s. that bowl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs