Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



My sweet friend dropped off some yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies one night and they were devoured in less than an hour (so yummy!). We were left wanting more, and decided to make some the next day. I started searching for my mom's recipe knowing that hers is always the best. I couldn't find it, panicked, calmed down and called her. Now I am sharing it with you!

I had forgotten just how many cookies this recipe makes. Be forewarned! I think we counted over 80 cookies. I baked about half of them, and then froze the rest of them by dropping the dough balls into a tupperware.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 c. shortening
4 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 large can pumpkin
2 pkg chocolate chips (or more)
1 T vanilla
7 1/2 c. flour
1 T nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
1 T baking soda
1 T baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375*F.

In large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and eggs. Add pumpkin and vanilla until well incorporated.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 min.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. these are dangerously delicious. glad i got a taste. it left me wanting more! i can't wait to make them myself. (how fantastic is that cookie image!? you are such a great designer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love pumpkin food, but i've yet to find a pumpkin cookie recipe i like. i am going to try these, though. every recipe of yours is fabulous.

    are these cake-y?

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs