Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On my mind

Hopefully cute Marta over at martawrites won't mind if I steal her idea of listing thoughts today. I just have too many things on my mind for a tuesday and need to get them all out on the table, so to speak.

: We had a wonderful weekend that was full of inspiring and uplifting messages given by our modern day prophet as well as his apostles. The hubs and I have been struggling with a few big decisions to be made in our lives and these men seemed to be talking directly to us when they spoke about personal revelation and answers to prayers. I always feel like a better person after watching conference. It is kind of like having New Years come early because I am always renewing and adding to my personal goals. Go here if you missed out.

: Little Guy and I went to Target yesterday and picked up a package of midgees (among other things). These aren't just any midgees, they are the best.mix.ever.made. Chocolate and vanilla midgees in one bag. Delightful. I have eaten half of the bag already.

: I bought maternity pants yesterday. I was pregnant during the summer with my last pregnancy, leaving me with zero winter maternity clothes. I seem to be carrying quite low this time around and am having a hard time getting my normal jeans to stretch out their use time a bit longer. I gave up fighting and bought these super comfy ones.

: My Little Guy is two. It seems like the day he turned two he started throwing tantrums. I can't help but laugh when he does. But, I hope I can help him figure out how to control his anger without having to throw his whole body to the floor, kicking and screaming. Two also means we get to start paying for him when we go places, including the air plane, which means things could get expensive!

: It's my dad's birthday today. I think I'll have to do a separate post for this thought. He is one of my best friends and I can't wait for him to have a special day that is all about him!

: October means frigid coldness here. It took us twice as long to head out the door yesterday. Instead of slipping on my flip flops and Little Guys' moc crocs we had to zip up my black boots and tie LG's tennis shoes. We also had to layer on the long sleeves and coats. Way too much work.

: We find out if there is a little boy or little girl growing in my belly on the 21st. I can honestly say that I am happy either way. A little boy would be wonderful because then we wouldn't have to buy anything. It would also mean that LG would have a little buddy to play with and dress alike with. However, who doesn't want a little girl? We also have a definite girl name picked out, so that would make things a little easier on that side of things. According to every gender predicting test I have taken, it's a girl. But that's what they all said when I was pregnant with Little Guy as well... so we'll see! I just hope it's happy and healthy whatever it is.

: I'm not in the dating scene anymore, nor have I been for the last 4 1/2 years (hallelujah), but my friend's blog has been very entertaining to read. I think it's a great project she has started, and even think there could be a movie made from it. However, maybe that is just due to the fact that I recently saw Julie and Julia.

: New goal is to be a better friend. Contact/renew old ones and make/keep new ones. Friends are so important in this life. They are what get us through the hard times and celebrate with us during the great times.

: My brother showed me this awesome site. I have been movin' and groovin' to some of my favorite tunes while I clean my house. It makes the time go by much faster and actually has me looking forward to cleaning time.

Speaking of cleaning... I better get back to it!

Just curious, what's on your mind today?

3 comments:

  1. Funny...I bought those same jeans when I was in Idaho Falls in August. (I forgot pants. Silly me.) They are super comfy. My favorite pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless you for posting the link to the pants. i feel like this baby is going to fall out she's so low. i was working and business dress with brennan and i just want casual clothes now. can't wait to try those pants. i'm a bit skeptical of the large belly band, but my cousin raves about them. i never wore any like that with brennan, but i'm willing to give them a whirl;-) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi babe. I love your pants. More on you than on me :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs