Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Print Work


I have been designing blogs for quite sometime now, and have just recently decided to dip my toes into print work. I'm not lying when I say that the whole thought of it scares me to death. There are so many different factors that come into play. What if it shows blue on your computer, but prints off purple? What about those margins and crop lines? Where is the best place to print them? What kind of paper should it be printed on?

It literally gives me a headache. Luckily, my sister-in-law Hannah was able to help walk me through it. She was a huge help! I would rather just stick with my digital designs where I know what I see is what my clients get. Who knows, maybe if I continue doing print jobs here and there I will get more comfortable with it and not cringe at the thought of it.

I thought I would share a few of my latest designs, in honor of receiving my sister's wedding invitation in the mail last week. I was finally able to see the finished product!

3 comments:

  1. They turned out great! Glad to be of service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooooooove your work. wow. those wedding invites and extras are so beautiful (so is the bride)! nicely done. am loving the date they chose too.

    and 'stello'! brilliant. too clever. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! Those are fantastic Hil! I'm so impressed that you are expanding what you do even though it seems scary.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs