Thursday, September 17, 2009

the makeover

Today I had my first makeover ever. I know, sad right? I even did my own makeup for my wedding. Anyway, a lady in T.J. Maxx stopped me and used the ol' "Your eyes are beautiful, I would love to have you in my portfolio" pick up line. I was a sucker for any sort of compliment that day and set up a time for her to come over and show me how to beautify myself.

She showed up at my house with 4 big bags full of makeup. It really put my miniature makeup bag with all but 4 items in it to shame.

She proceeded to show me how to do the "smokey eye" look, which was a big change from my still-the-same-since-7th-grade makeup routine. She was very talented and very nice. She even put up with my almost-two-year-old as he climbed up on the counter, went through her things, emptied my spices all over the place, got out every cooking utensil in the kitchen, etc. etc. Bless her for being so patient!

By the end of the makeover I not only had a lot of makeup on, but I felt like I had a lot of makeup on. I am used to just eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss then I'm out the door.

This lady had me put on cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, foundation, concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, blush, lip liner and lip gloss. PHEW! I was exhausted by the time we were done. I don't think I will get used to the feeling of all this makeup, but it did help me realize that I should probably start taking better care of the skin on my face. I appreciated her time in teaching me the proper way to apply moisturizer (I had no idea there were proper and improper ways for this... but now I know!). I'm sure she took pitty on me and my lack of knowledge when it came to makeup.

Anyway, enough of the story, here is the end result. Too bad my husband has class tonight, or else we could have gone out on a HOT DATE.

(I was going for the "I'm a fish and these are my gills" look. I hear it is the latest rave amongst all the models these days...)

7 comments:

  1. I actually think your eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty:-) i did my own makeup for my wedding too! and my nails! i'm picky and didn't want to take any risks that day. so fun to get one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beauuuuutiful. seriously, i love that you were 'discovered'. what a fun compliment! you don't need a stitch of it, but the makeover is lovely.
    p.s. what's the proper moisturizer way?! i must know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Hilary! I am really scared to be induced, but as you have heard good and bad stories. What were you dilated at when you got induced? I think we will wait until the end of next week, but not go farther than that!
    We are super excited about our house! We are building in the CornerStone subdivision. We found a nice lot snuggled in the back of the division. We love it. I thought I read something about you guys looking for a house!? Any luck?
    And your makeup looks GREAT BTW... I wish I could do my own makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look! I do understand how they can be a bit too good at "layering" that stuff though...can be a bit suffocating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture. I recently started wearing makup regularly for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I know exactly what you're talking about thinking you should take better care of your skin. Washing AND moisturizing? Everyday? News to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (cat calling and whistle) Wow! Looks great. :) I honestly wouldn't worry about changing whatever skin care regime you have-- if any. You have great skin, Hil. I've always wondered what your secret was because seriously, I want to poke you and make sure you are real and not a porcelain doll because your skin is so flawless. It is always fun to branch out though. I can never duplicate what the make-up artists do to my eyes though...

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs