Sunday, September 6, 2009

College Football

(AP photo)

My whole life I have been kind of thrown into liking college football. I came from a home where we watched practically every BYU football game that was ever broadcasted on t.v. We even went to several of their games and made great memories by doing so. Now that I am married, I am once again thrown into it. However, I think at this point in my life I don't have to be forced to like it.

Yesterday as 5:00 PM approached, I was more antsy to get home and turn on the game than my husband was. It was the first BYU game of the season, and it was a big one. They were playing the 3rd ranked team in the country, Oklahoma. The kicker (no pun intended)? It was on ESPN. We didn't get a single BYU game last year due to them switching channels on us. So the fact that it was on a channel that we get was a huge deal.

I couldn't help but have butterflies in my stomach from pure giddiness as I watched my first college game of the year. The best part? I could feel a nice cool breeze flowing through the windows. It was starting to get cold. College football means fall is in the air. Which means long pants, sweaters and cute jackets will be worn; cobblers will be eaten; cider will be sipped; holidays will be planned; and green leaves will change to golds, reds, and oranges.

BYU had an amazing game and upset Oklahoma 14 to 13. They were expected to loose by 23 points, I believe. I just hope this will mean more of their games will be on ESPN so we can actually watch them. If not, there is always our trusty old radio station that broadcasts each and every game. We can pop some popcorn and listen to it old fashion style.

Here's to college football, and here's to the beginnings of fall!

6 comments:

  1. I love cougar football too! That game was pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment! I can't believe it's been a year! WOW! :) I can imagine how it just gets better and better!
    Hope you are feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, to see the WHOLE game. We watched half and listened to 2nd lf, but it was soooo exciting. When will these schools out here get some proper recognition? Maybe NOW???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for your record books, I think the score was 14 to 13? I could be wrong, but you might want to double check!!!

    I am a HUGE fan of BYU football, but then again that is my Alma Mater, I BLEED BLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tiffany, you are right. I have no idea why I typed that other score in... I'll blame it on pregnancy brain.

    ReplyDelete

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Designs